Author Topic: The obituary of David Wales  (Read 2894 times)

Offline DangerousGame

• Zinc Member
Re: The obituary of David Wales
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Ditch David like he's a plane, let him sink.

I see someone turned the CV on them too   :joystick:
DG51 =Pony Express=

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »
While traveling in europe I got to meet davidwales briefly.  He met me on his lunch break where he worked.  He was employed by a bottling company that bottled wine for several of the local vineyards.   David's job was to prepare the corks that went in the wine bottles by soaking them in water until they were soft and pliable.  Davidwales took his job very seriously and took great pride in it.  His face lit up with an enthusiastic smile when he bragged that he was the best cork soaker at the plant.  He boasted that on average he soaked between 100 - 125 corks each day, but held the company record of once soaking 244 corks in one shift!  With a gleam in eye he took a bite of the banana he had in his lunchbox he said "I've soaked a lot of cork". 

I asked him to share some new ideas he has for the game, but he continued to ramble on about how much he loved soaking cork. 

With lunch time over we said our goodbyes and I wished him well.  I asked if there was anything he'd like me to pass on to you guys.  He pulled out a single cork from his pocket and said "my ideas for the game have been ridiculed and dismissed.  I will keep my future ideas to myself from now on.  And when I die I'd like all of you guys to come over here and soak MY cork"

Davidwales
Dreamer, Visionary, Corksoaker
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
While traveling in europe I got to meet davidwales briefly.  He met me on his lunch break where he worked.  He was employed by a bottling company that bottled wine for several of the local vineyards.   David's job was to prepare the corks that went in the wine bottles by soaking them in water until they were soft and pliable.  Davidwales took his job very seriously and took great pride in it.  His face lit up with an enthusiastic smile when he bragged that he was the best cork soaker at the plant.  He boasted that on average he soaked between 100 - 125 corks each day, but held the company record of once soaking 244 corks in one shift!  With a gleam in eye he took a bite of the banana he had in his lunchbox he said "I've soaked a lot of cork". 

I asked him to share some new ideas he has for the game, but he continued to ramble on about how much he loved soaking cork. 

With lunch time over we said our goodbyes and I wished him well.  I asked if there was anything he'd like me to pass on to you guys.  He pulled out a single cork from his pocket and said "my ideas for the game have been ridiculed and dismissed.  I will keep my future ideas to myself from now on.  And when I die I'd like all of you guys to come over here and soak MY cork"

Davidwales
Dreamer, Visionary, Corksoaker

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »
R.I.P  :angel:  He died so young.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daXQN58sv1s
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
I move we retire his flight gear to a memorial.

Here he is when he was younger.... a week back, testing his flight gear.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
Here lies the body of poor David Wales
Who died telling too many BBS tales
He was very entertaining
But needed restraining
Because most of his posts were pure fails

R.I.P.
 :salute

:rofl: :aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.