Author Topic: Title Picture  (Read 2480 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Re: Title Picture
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
There was a title screen contest a while back. You can find the original thread, I believe Pyro posted, if you fell like searching the boards.

I know, but I'm still curious as to why HTC would use it as the face of there game when it doesn't properly represent the game.

I agree its an awesome picture and I wish the game actually looked that good.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
It seems like false advertising to me. Imagine a first timer logging and seeing that picture and thinking "WOW! This game looks great!" and then getting into the arena and seeing the low quality clouds and lack of vapor trails. I, personally, would be pretty disappointed.

Not false advertising, you only see it once you download the (free) game.  You have a chance to play the game and experience the graphics first hand before you ever spend a dollar for it, not to mention the 2 week trial.  The title screen is not an advertisement, it's just a cool picture to look at before you play.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
I know, but I'm still curious as to why HTC would use it as the face of there game when it doesn't properly represent the game.

That's why it's used. You don't really think all the "art work" on game boxes and such are exact screen shots from those games to do ya?  :rolleyes:

Dude, shut the computer off, have a beer...or cherry soda depending on your age... and chill out.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bhead :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
I 'll bet your naked too,yech
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »

Are you talking about the P39s?  Thats a cactus screenshot.  He's got a much better machine then mine and has the graphics up high.  Mine aren't and this is from the same fights.  I'm in the 39 with K on the nose in the foreground of the opening screen.  Soulyss is in front of me and cactus is the Cobra behind the flaming Zeke.

This is from my film with lower graphic settings.  Not sure what your issue is with his image.  Wish my computer was a newer one and handled the graphics better, but I don't think mine looks bad either.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
It's not the planes or the ground its the sky, clouds, and wingtip vapor trails that I was talking to.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 11:09:07 PM »
It's not the planes or the ground its the sky, clouds, and wingtip vapor trails that I was talking to.

LOL what vapor trails?  Two of the 39s are leaking.  That mine isn't is the only thing wrong with the picture.  I take it you've never run into any 80th Headhunters in the arenas?  If our planes aren't leaking something, it just means we haven't made it to the fight yet.  Other then they it's either black or white smoke or vapor trailing behind us.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »
Are you talking about the P39s?  Thats a cactus screenshot.  He's got a much better machine then mine and has the graphics up high.  Mine aren't and this is from the same fights.  I'm in the 39 with K on the nose in the foreground of the opening screen.  Soulyss is in front of me and cactus is the Cobra behind the flaming Zeke.

This is from my film with lower graphic settings.  Not sure what your issue is with his image.  Wish my computer was a newer one and handled the graphics better, but I don't think mine looks bad either.

(Image removed from quote.)
You should play on mine for a night. You'd really appreciate yours then.  :D

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:56 AM »
That is not retouched. That is an actual shot from in game.
Sure looks like it's been enhanced to me
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:46:24 AM by Trukk »

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 07:39:16 AM »
LOL what vapor trails?  Two of the 39s are leaking.  That mine isn't is the only thing wrong with the picture.  I take it you've never run into any 80th Headhunters in the arenas?  If our planes aren't leaking something, it just means we haven't made it to the fight yet.  Other then they it's either black or white smoke or vapor trailing behind us.

I'm talking about the one in the title picture on the plane in the top left.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
Sure looks like it's been enhanced to me

Make him pee in a cup. Have it tested for screenshot enhancing substances.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »
I was flying that sortie, too. I just missed out on making it on the big screen  :bhead
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:21 AM »
I believe you'll find one of the criteria for submitting is "non-enhanced" photos.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »
I believe you'll find one of the criteria for submitting is "non-enhanced" photos.

Well someone was asleep at the wheel because the screen shot has definitely been "enhanced" to convey the sense of motion.