Author Topic: 7 kills, not what it seems  (Read 396 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
7 kills, not what it seems
« on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
Now most of the time when you see 7 kills you think of High G turns and gut wrenching drama. Not so in this instance.

Upped my trusty f4U-1A this Saturday morning in anticipation of the Saturday Cartoon guys. And I wasn't disappointed. Headed out looking for some kills. Maybe I should say some fights but kills is what I was after in any way shape or form. I see a decent size herd of Rooks up and probably heading to a couple of vbases in the canyons. I get to about 17k and level off heading for the dar bar. When I get there I couldn't find them for a moment. But then I spot a low C47 below me and a P47 off to my right and a bit higher. I figure the P47 was loaded with ordinance and wanted to complete his mission. I was spot on. He dives at me and I turn a bit and dip my nose. He goes whizzing by and then dives on the vbase. That leaves the c47 all to me. :) However behind him is a set of low lancs. I dive on the C47 and a squirt of lead and he is dispensed with. Swing back up at about 500 mph, align myself with the lancs and swoop down for the kill on the lead buff. Pfactor joins in and takes out the other 2. However when I dove on the Lancs I caught the icons of 2 more C47s. I dive on the lead one and catch the other lowering his gear for a landing. Another squirt of lead and the second goon is done for. Make about a 45 degree loop and toast the landed goon. That's 3 goons and a lanc. I think pfactor takes out the p47. Not sure of the details of the Rooks plans but 3 goons, 1 jabo, and one set of buffs doesn't seem quite the ideal setup. But hey, it's Saturday.

Then comes in a 262 and a pony. Both are way high and seem to more tourists than fighters. I figure the action is done here. So I'm on my way to another base. I loaded the Hog down with 100% fuel so there's plenty of that and plenty of ammo since goons don't require much of a burst.

I grab slowly to 17k and head to a base my countrymen are trying to capture. It's two sectors away. By the time I arrive the base has been captured and only a token dar bar was up. I get over the base and there's a set of Knight B17s at about 19k. So I pull up and head there way at about 22k. Now they had extended their lead to 5k. So I figure It would take me a bit to catch them. Now I'm not sure what was going with the 17s but I caught up to them really fast. Was he trying to climb or did he throttle back to save gas. Once over the top I dive in and take off a wing tip. The pilot desperately tries to save the buff but that costs him a drone as well as the 17 he was piloting. So I get a proxy as well as the other kill. Just one 17 left. Normally I leave one for questioning. But what the heck I had no questions. I zip in and put him down.

For those keeping tally that's 3 goons, 1 lance, and 3 b17s. I love Saturdays!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:13:43 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
Re: 7 kills, not what it seems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
 :O Yeah.....but in your country it was only worth 1.12 Perkies....hahahahahaha :rolleyes: :lol :rofl :lol :D
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher