Author Topic: First few sorties since coming back. Can you say Auger!  (Read 526 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
First few sorties since coming back. Can you say Auger!
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »
First 3 sorties the other day, Augered after missing some half way decent shots, rammed a plane head on, and rammed an AFK plane.  :furious All good and fun!

Took a long long flight today because I was cooking and doing dishes. Saw a low 109 deacking a field and dove on him. Too much E and pulled up. Apparently the ack got him, proxy kill. Grabbed back up to head to another base but the base started flashing. Turned back to catch the icon of an AR234. No reason to chase that in my f41A. He gets out of radar range and the town starts flashing, then the base. Figure it's another con. It was, a fairly low set of B24s. Zoom down and take one out. Slowly grab to maintain a bit of an edge in speed over the buffs. Engage flaps, float down and take out the 2 remaining B24s. Lordy those things are a tinderbox. About that time who appears, the Ar234s heading straight for me. They are co-alt and if memory serves me correctly they have no front guns. It's a HO made in heaven. As they zip buy I ping 2 and one explodes and the other is damaged. Then comes a very high set of JU88s. I pull up hit flaps for a little stability and hammer one. No kill but he's smoking. Time to land, 1 minute of fuel left. Not bad for a single flight.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
Re: First few sorties since coming back. Can you say Auger!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
I pray for sorties like that!
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
Gotta love those fun complete flights, few weeks ago I took up a C.205 in anger after having a really bad week trying to find a decent fight, either getting Ho'd or picked.

Climbed to 9k and leveled out - ran into Ki-67s and nailed two on a head on pass, they were co-alt so I left the third for friendlies in the area as I seen a Yak-9 and Ki-84, got into a small furball and a pair of friendlies jumped in,
I bagged the Ki-84 trying to stall fight me, and when I finally stalled a Spit 16 was trying to climb up to me but stalled, and bagged him as well.

I decided to re-arm and climb back up to 7k when I was bounced by a pair of Spit8s, first one pulled up far to soon and I put a burst under his belly, I did a long steady climb and the second reversed and tried to climb with me, I ended up going vertical and stalled out in which he was on the verge of a stall - bang got him too.

Heading back from the dar Ring I catch a Typhoon trying to take out ords and dispatched him and landed 7, pretty nice sortie as the perk modifier was outrageous, think the flight was worth over 50 perks.
JG 52

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Gotta love those fun complete flights, few weeks ago I took up a C.205 in anger after having a really bad week trying to find a decent fight, either getting Ho'd or picked.

Climbed to 9k and leveled out - ran into Ki-67s and nailed two on a head on pass, they were co-alt so I left the third for friendlies in the area as I seen a Yak-9 and Ki-84, got into a small furball and a pair of friendlies jumped in,
I bagged the Ki-84 trying to stall fight me, and when I finally stalled a Spit 16 was trying to climb up to me but stalled, and bagged him as well.

I decided to re-arm and climb back up to 7k when I was bounced by a pair of Spit8s, first one pulled up far to soon and I put a burst under his belly, I did a long steady climb and the second reversed and tried to climb with me, I ended up going vertical and stalled out in which he was on the verge of a stall - bang got him too.

Heading back from the dar Ring I catch a Typhoon trying to take out ords and dispatched him and landed 7, pretty nice sortie as the perk modifier was outrageous, think the flight was worth over 50 perks.

Been a while since I seen some one pull up too soon. That makes for a sweet surprising shot. Nice run!

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
Salute Getback, good to see ya again Bro.

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:29 AM »
Welcome back Getback!  :salute
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
The other night I was tasked with protecting one of our ports. I chose to protect the submarine.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
The other night I was tasked with protecting one of our ports. I chose to protect the submarine.

Shuff did you get those brakes at Pep Boys? :neener:
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
I keep telling him that your gun has to point up! These old guys, guns always pointing down.  :neener:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
I took the Blue Plane and it is still pointing down. :(
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »
submarine  :noid
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
Dang didn't even know there was a submarine that needed protected but good job.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »
I heard of people sticking their head in the sand when hearing the mighty vtards coming.  but never of trying to stick their head in the water  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
Lucky I wasn't there to put .45 rounds into the cockpit.

Icepac......#1 Aces High FPS player.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
Getback  :salute

Good to see you found some inspiration to return!

Maybe some will rub off on me!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets