Author Topic: <S> Oldman  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: <S> Oldman
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
After reading this, I have to ask is this the same Oldman from Air Warrior the leader of de'ol'onz. I had blast flying with him and the squad  :cheers: tell life got in the way. sure sounds like the Olman I knew  :salute
AKA ol'24go

It is not.  Oldman predates  the Oldmn you are thinking of in terms of Airwarrior flying.  haven't seen your Oldmn in a long time
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
After reading this, I have to ask is this the same Oldman from Air Warrior the leader of de'ol'onz. I had blast flying with him and the squad  :cheers: tell life got in the way. sure sounds like the Olman I knew

No, people often confuse us (to the detriment of Oldmn, I fear).  He flew in RR, I flew in FR (as "Oldma" at the time due to the handle length restriction) so we rarely met.  I remember his dark poem about flying FWs, and the whole squad had that strange way of text-talking.  Wonder where they are today?

- oldman

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »
Oldman:

That was one of the best fights I have ever had, man, you could keep your e in that 202.  Great fun, had me sweating, heart racing! 

Not only does he give a great fight, he's always been a true gentleman in all aspects of the game!   :salute Oldman

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »
After reading this, I have to ask is this the same Oldman from Air Warrior the leader of de'ol'onz. I had blast flying with him and the squad  :cheers: tell life got in the way. sure sounds like the Olman I knew  :salute
AKA ol'24go

Nope, not the same OldMan!  Despite the fact that both are lawyers, the one you are thinking of from RR lived in Chicago and our Oldman731 is from PA.  The OldMan you are thinking of attempted to secure the rights to AirWarrior after Electronic Farts killed it, to no avail I'm afraid.  The RR OldMan liked to use Eubonics in his speech.  Our OldMan is much more reserved in his demeanor.  I do in fact miss the antics and flamboyant personality of my old friend from de'ol'onz.

All the Best...

Jay
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:57:15 AM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
Oldman always a class act. He's persisted ever the years and gotten quite good. I seem to recall him handing me my head the last time we crossed paths too! :D :salute
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group