Author Topic: French horn  (Read 684 times)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: French horn
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »
Well, I somewhat take back what I said... Baritone and Bass saxophones, I can manage :devil

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
Can you please explain to me why the Saxophone, god's given instrument, does not count?

Also, currently trying to get my hands on a Tenor, anywhere you folks think I should look?

They're like some coveted trophy at that age to those trying to learn to be the best at it.... and unfortunatley (at least in my schools with our sax players), like every coveted trophy, there's always a completely new fielding of fresh-faced competitors to show up and compete for it, every year.  (there were some that really tried and always kept at it, and I mean at least some commitment, to the point that most of them would get a used sax for themselves rather than fight over an unguarenteed loaner from the school each semester).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
It's not only saxes... it also happens lots with the trombone. Those who THINK they have the chops for high 'E's, 'D's and 'Bb's and such, but actually don't. Then the music teacher tells them to shut up and play 3rd trombone. I love it when that happens :devil