Author Topic: Cannot connect to MA (I think I screwed something up)  (Read 642 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Cannot connect to MA (I think I screwed something up)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »
  I think something wierd happened Saturday. I hadn't played for 4 days previous and tried to log in MA 11:00 pm est. Sunday I was able to load the file no problem. The Oz/kansas file seemed slightly larger when finally did load on Sunday.
     I only run Microsoft security essentials. 
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
Seems pretty simple. Downloading the file either via the game or from the website didn't work. The game kept trying to download the file and failing. If my memory is correct, the .fla file was not there.

Putting in the correct files fixed the problem right away.

I'm leaving out the 3 hours I spent uninstalling and reinstalling the map, then the game, finding an old copy of the map file, chewing my fingernails off, developing a nervous twitch, then throwing my computer through a window and trying it all again.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
^^^  ME TOO!   :rofl
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 06:51:39 AM »
Skuzzy for some reason the ozkansas terrain would not install on Saturday.  I tried on my old PC and had the same problem Rapier, wil3er, and others did. It would repeatedly download then exit to desktop without installing. I copied the terrain file from my game PC, downloaded prior to Saturday, and that fixed it so I posted the files and that fixed it for various people. It seems likely it was a download issue and not anti-virus in this case.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:33 AM »
There are only two things it could have been.  An Internet burp (a good possibility), or a local computer issue.  Internet burps do not have to impact everyone.  It just depends where the burp is/was.

It is a pretty straight forward issue.

I deleted the terrain files from my home computer and it came down fine.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 07:14:19 AM »
I understand it works now.  :aok

Does the auto downloader use the same file copy as the website download page? It seems odd that the manual download from the website also didn't work on Saturday night.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
Yes, I downloaded from both the website, and in game.  It took the posting of a .fla file for it to work.  This issue mysteriously corrected itself by Sunday evening I was able to download the DA map ingame and had the .fla file supplied.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 05:48:43 AM »
I understand it works now.  :aok

Does the auto downloader use the same file copy as the website download page? It seems odd that the manual download from the website also didn't work on Saturday night.

The files are all fed from the same server.  If there was some type of Internet oddness, then it would impact any delivery of any of those files, regardless of the port used.  That is why I first suggested it might have been some type of Internet burp.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com