Author Topic: The REAL Tater...  (Read 1211 times)

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
Re: The REAL Tater...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
No donuts and I was not able to meet Skuzzy.  I believe when Carrie called his office, and it was muffled so I cant be sure, I heard Skuzy say, "Changeup is in the lobby?  Right now???? <long pause> who is he?"
 Carrie:  "hes the guy that calls about his chats bans and stick scaling

Skuzzy:  "Oh HELL no....I'm at lunch"

Then Dale walked out and caught me messing with the ammo in their display cabinet.  Probably not a great idea but they were nice about it.

LOL That's awesome!  :aok
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
Type I, German name: 3 cm Minengeschoss 108 Ausführung A mit Zerleger

(3 cm M-Gesch. 108 Ausf.A m. Zerl.)

Mineshell fuzed with ZZ1589B. Pressed and rolled steel body and an aluminium fuze. Coloured yellow with a 5 mm light green band just under the fuze (meaning self-destruct shell). The shell is filled with 85 grams of HA41 (hexogen aluminium) or 85 grams of penthrite. Weight of shell: 330 +/- 8 grams.

ZZ 1589 B fuse
Due to the riffling of the barrel, the shell is given a high rotational speed during firing. This leads to centrifugal forces that push the six balls (7) outwards, forcing them in the collar ring and keeping the firing pin housing (4) which holds the firing pin (5) in upper position. Meanwhile the wrapped safety coil (6) rolls out, thereby opening the way for the firing pin housing to move downward forced by spring (8), however held back by the balls in the groove. At impact the firing pin housing with firing pin is simply hammered down in the duplex detonator (the balls are forced back into the firing pin housing), exploding the shell. If the rotational speed decreases too much (long time of flight, i.e. the shell missed target) the force of the spring will force the balls back into the firing pin housing after which it moves down due to the spring force. This forces the firing pin into the duplex detonator (10), exploding the shell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did they have any gunsights in the office?

Be fun to watch these self destruct at 1000 meters. Littel poofs around furballs and bomber formations. Proximity damage.. :aok

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
In the Top Secret/Crypto room at HiTech HQ, a photograph of an actual 30mm "tater" was taken a few weeks back.  I think that would leave a mark...a permanent mark.

(The offices are cool...)

(Image removed from quote.)

Clearly, they don't screen their guest's vox usage before inviting them to come over for a friendly visit.  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
Clearly, they don't screen their guest's vox usage before inviting them to come over for a friendly visit.  :devil
:lol
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 04:21:11 AM »
sweet round. . .will be looking for one

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
and people wonder why is a 1 hit HACKER kill.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »
     I think it was a great idea to bring your giant yellow Crayon for them to sign autographs with  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars