Author Topic: My month as a student  (Read 264 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
My month as a student
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
I read this and thought I would share

My Month as a Student (humor)

Week 1
Monday: Rain.

Tuesday: Rain.

Wednesday: No rain; no visibility either.

Thursday: Take instructor to lunch. Discover I don't know enough to take instructor to lunch.

Friday: FLY! Do first stall and second stall during same maneuver, cover instructor with lunch.

Week 2
Monday: Learned not to scrape frost off Plexiglas with ice-scraper. Used big scratches on windshield as marker to set pitch.

Tuesday: Instructor wants me to stop calling throttle, "THAT BIG KNOB THING." Also, hates it when I call instruments 'GADGETS'.

Wednesday: Radios won't pick up radio stations, so I turn them off. Instructor seems to think I missed something during the introductory flight.

Thursday: Learned 10-degree bank is not a steep turn. Did stall again today. Lost 2000 feet. Instructor said that was some kind of record. -My first complement!!!.  :x

Friday: Did steep turn. Instructor said I was not ready for inverted flight, yet.

Week 3
Monday: Instructor called in sick. New instructor told me to stop calling her "BABE"
Did steep turns. She said I have to have permission for inverted flight.

Tuesday: Instructor back. He told me to stop calling him "BABE", too. He got mad when I pulled power back on takeoff because the engine was too loud.

Wednesday: Instructor said after the first 20 hours, most students have established a learning curve. He said it seemed there was only a slight bend in mine.
Ah-ha!...progress!  :x

Thursday: Did stalls. Clean recovery. Instructor said I did good job. Also did turns around a point. Instructor warned me never to pick ex-fiancée's house as point again.

Friday: Did pattern work. Instructor said that if downwind, base, and final formed a triangle,I would be perfect. More praise!  :x

Week 4
Monday: First landing at controlled field. Did fine until I told the captain in the 747 ahead of us on taxiway to move his bird. Instructor says we'll have ground school all this week on radio procedures.

Tuesday: asked instructor if everyone in his family had turned gray at such an early age. He smiled. We did takeoff stalls. He says I did just fine but to wait until we reach altitude next time. C-150 will be out of shop in three days when the new nose-strut and tire replacement.
Instructor says his back bothers him only a little.

Wednesday: Flew through clouds. I thought those radio towers were a lot lower. I'm sure my instructor is going gray.

Thursday: Left flaps down for entire flight. Instructor asked why. I told him I wanted the extra lift as a safety margin. More ground school.  :headscratch:

Friday: Asked instructor when I could solo. He laughed till he cried. What was so funny?

Author unknown found in weekly throwaway
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Re: My month as a student
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:39 AM »
 :lol Hilarious!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:14:37 AM by Selino631 »
OEF 11-12

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 05:31:40 AM »
 :rofl Priceless!!!!!
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »
Monday did stalls
Tuesday Rain
Wednesday Snow. welcome to michigan...
Thursday Attempted to vulch a 152 on takeoff. Instructor reminded me i was flying a C172 not a P51...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:42:14 AM by fbEagle »
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
 :rofl

I skipped the beginning and started reading at "week 1", thought it was your story until i got to "Author unknown found in weekly throwaway".  :rofl
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s