Author Topic: Bomber Defensive Machinguns  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
Re: Bomber Defensive Machinguns
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »
So much of what I see are comments here that are "game oriented" and not realism oriented. Yes - I do indeed know it's a game, other wise I would have been dead years ago in Fighter Ace 1.5  The question is therefore what's more important, realism or gameism?

The example I gave in my initial post concerning Pearl Harbor and the Catalina sailors manning their guns is a matter of history.  That was real.  IMO AH should desire to make their Combat Flight Sim as real as possible.

USBP1969

We could do that long time ago and HTC take it off, so I don't think so they are goin to put it back again cuz im pretty sure they have a long long thinking about it and then was gone, be sure they got a reason for that.
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »
The gunners were not at their stations for takeoff or landing.  In the B-24 there is a placard that specifically prohibits being in the tail turret during takeoff and landing.  I know someone who sat in the tail during a landing in the B-24, the fuselage kind of "whips" around on touchdown -- it slapped him around enough he had to hand on -- he stated he would never do it again.  :lol

The crew were in the radio room and cockpit on the B-17, in the waist and behind the cockpit on the B-24 for takeoff and landing.
just in case anyone missed it the first time
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 01:01:14 AM »
personally I'd say yes... I mean if he wants to act like a Wirb and navigate a B-17 through trees hills, etc....Well...Good luck! Otherwise act like it's a M16, 1 distracts him, 1 kills him, just my opinion...  :bolt:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 04:46:27 AM »
dave has many forms.

Semp

:rofl

I think Dave has transcended to being an Idea now and thus impossible to ban.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:48:57 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »
So much of what I see are comments here that are "game oriented" and not realism oriented.  IMO AH should desire to make their Combat Flight Sim as real as possible.
They have ... The Pearl Harbor example you mention is a RARE example of heroism in planes that were being serviced for imminent takeoff during a suprise attack ... Those circumstances are quite different from the unrealistic scenario of players repeatedly upping formations of bombers to the runway as ack batteries ... THAT is PURE gamisum and has NOTHING to do with reality ... So I guess we can file YOUR request along with all those other "GAME ORIENTED" ones you ? SEEM ? to take exception to ???
:lol
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline USBP1969

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
EVZ - It's kinda basic.  If was possible in real life, that's real.

FWIW RedBull I don't fly bombers and don't plan to do so, just trying to make it real. 

Been around a while (pushing 70 years as I write this) and I have watched PPC, IPSC and SASS go to the dark side (realism to gamism) and it was sad to see.  But... this is a game while those were initially designed to simulate reality.

And, again for the record, AH is #1, regardless.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »
EVZ - It's kinda basic.  If was possible in real life, that's real.
Sorry...no, quite a bit of what CAN BE DONE in this world is NOT ALLOWED ... your name may be Rumpleb17skins but you can't turn Bombers into ACK guns ... REALITY OBJECTS! and the world is safe for another day or 2 anyway.
:cool:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
Guys, a guy who flies a b-24 has stated in this thread why although it may be possible it is improbable.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 02:49:43 PM »

The major difference between this and historical use is the endless supply of aircraft and pilots in AH.

NO!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.