Author Topic: Cartoon  (Read 866 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Cartoon
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
No cartoon today. Today is Mother's day and while some of the "messages" I put into my cartoons are suppose to be funny, or maybe have someone take a better look at themselves, today the message I want to get out there is 'Visit your Mom", say "Hi", and tell her you love her. I lost my mom some 16 months ago and miss her terribly. I like to think of myself as a pretty level headed honest guy. I thought, knowing that everyone dies that I'd be ok with it and handle it MUCH better than I have. Trust me, your not ready for it as much as you think you are.

Bless all the "Mom's" out there, and I wish them well. I wish I could tell mine how much I love her. I'll just have to hope she can still hear me.

I know how you must feel. I lost my Mom October 29th 2003 just after 7pm. For me anyway, it has not gotten much easier whenever I think about her... which is often. I miss her dearly. She was the center of our family. I went to her grave Sunday and spent some time there with her. I do this a couple of times a month. On Mother's Day it's just a bit harder to take.

I have some great In-Laws. My Mother In-Law has been a godsend. My wife, youngest daughter, and myself spent the latter part of Sunday visiting them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Cartoon
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »
  I'm blessed that I spent yesterday with my Mother who is 77 now. But Saturday I was one of 6 who gently placed my cousin's Mom in her final resting place.

:pray  Prayers go out to all those who have lost thier Mothers   :pray

And I thank the Moms for the difficult job they do every day.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.