Author Topic: prop wish  (Read 641 times)

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
prop wish
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:24 AM »
My wish is that when you increase/decrease your throttle you could see the propeller "speed up and slow down"  like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLfq8n61Fk

I think this would add a great deal of realism to the game
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: prop wish
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
once its at the selected rpm, it doesn't change

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »
An adjustable pitch propeller (like what most of the aircraft in game have) do not change rpm despite throttle setting. Once the rpm is set it will stay the same until you use the +/- buttons to change it. Throttle has no effect on it. The only thing that happens is when you throttle up it increases the pitch to "dig in" more and when you throttle down it decreases pitch.
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:44:10 PM »
im talking about just the way the blades look when their spinning ie you throttle up they apear to spin backward momentarily and so forth

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
I believe it all ready does what you are asking for.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 03:06:42 PM »
My wish is that when you increase/decrease your throttle you could see the propeller "speed up and slow down"  like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLfq8n61Fk

I think this would add a great deal of realism to the game

Nothing realistic about that at all.  Once you get a bit above idle the prop is a blur and stays that way...you don't notice any visual RPM changes,
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
im talking about just the way the blades look when their spinning ie you throttle up they apear to spin backward momentarily and so forth

You don't see that in person.  That is an effect of the shutter speed of the camera.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
i wish you could damage props or even see them fly off..

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
You don't see that in person.  That is an effect of the shutter speed of the camera.

This wish focuses mainly on start up. sorry i didn't make that clear previously. I am fully aware of why you see this effect through cameras and whatnot, it was just to explain what i was trying to say. However during start up you can see the propeller pick up speed. I realize that once up to full throttle you don't see this effect, but at low power settings you can see this type of thing happening. Just trying to toss some ideas out there.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:04:08 PM by fbEagle »

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
if you pay attention hard enough and your changes are drastic you can pick it out. I have many times while flying especially during start up. right now you hit e and the prop is instantly at speed. all im asking is for a little more realism in that department.

I have never noticed the prop being "instantly" at speed. When ever I start up a plane in AH it spins up slowly on the starter.
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:13 PM »
They do do this already.  Start your engine and watch.

...boing ;)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
I have never noticed the prop being "instantly" at speed. When ever I start up a plane in AH it spins up slowly on the starter.

There's one plane that, when cut off while starting up, even if the propellor has only done 1 full rotation, when you hit 'E' the second time, it looks as if it is shutting down after having run for a while. I think it's a bug, not sure though. Probably one of the WWI birds.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
i wish you could damage props or even see them fly off..

Try landing a 109 going a bit too fast on the descent...  you'll see a damaged prop.   :salute
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"