Author Topic: Apple iPhone 4S vs Motorola Droid RAZR  (Read 367 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
Apple iPhone 4S vs Motorola Droid RAZR
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »
Apple iPhone 4S vs Motorola Droid RAZR

Any hands-on input here???

Im taking a poll,becouse its time for a new phone..
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Apple iPhone 4S vs Motorola Droid RAZR
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
I love my iPhone, I have had no issues with either model. I been using them for over 3 years havent broke one.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »
My wife is using a Droid Razr.  It is very fast compared to my 2 year old Droid.  It is quite large, which would be a drawback for me, since it would be bulky in a belt pouch arrangement and is too big for a pocket (in my opinion).  

She likes it very much.

I'm a big fan of Motorola.  We vacation every year in northern Wisconsin.  Where we go is just outside of Verizon's coverage area.  In years past, cell phone service up there was non-existant.  When I got my Droid a couple of years ago, I discovered that it would make and receive calls and texts up there, even when nobody elses phones would get a signal.  Last year, my sister and her husband joined us on vacation.  They both have i Phones and neither of them could get a signal while I was surfing the internet and making business calls like normal.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:25:42 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »
More capabilities with droids, no need to stay plugged into itunes all the time for music, if I want something on my incredible 9 times out of 10 I can get it for free where as with the iphone I would have had to pay for it.

Also this was told to me by the store manager when I was looking for a phone, I asked if he would recommend an iphone and he said that he wish he didn't have to sell it, didn't say why he just said i'd be happier with a droid performance wise and satisfaction wise

Also You can carry spare battery's around where as with the iphone you can't, I always have a spare on me, not sure about the sd card, I have no idea if the iphone has one that can be removed

Overall I'd go with the Razr, infact thats the phone I want right now but I have to wait for my 2 year contract to end to get a new one  :rolleyes:
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »
Never owned a cell phone and never will.  They're rude little devices that make people feel self important.  Take a normal person in a public situation and give them a cell phone and you'll see the amazing transformational powers into selfimportantsalamander happen right before your eyes.  Worst invention ever.

People talk while in line at Starbucks, not bothering to hang-up to talk to the person RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM
People talk while in restaurants in overly loud tones so everyone knows they're 'really important' and on the phone
People talk while driving their car, putting on their makup, tuning the radio and yelling at their kids in the backseat
People talk while on airplanes even though the message has been to turn off all electronic devices... Just mine won't make a difference, besides, I'm important!
People talk in movie theatres because god forbid they miss a second of the movie, but talking over it so others miss it isn't a big deal, they're not important.
People will STOP talking in mid conversation to pick-up their cell phone and put a real life person standing in front of them on hold because they're not as important.

I can't wait until we get to the point where everyone's walking around with grapefruit sized braintumors and is unable to communicate to someone face to face, and has to resort to 'texting' (NOT A REAL WORD) or calling them up on their phone in order to talk.

The other day I was at the movies.  I watched a gentleman out front stop in front of every group of girls out there while 'talking' on his cell phone.  He kept stating very loudly about his plans to be in Johannesburg then Vienna for 'Big Money' and 'blah blah blah' 'huge money'.  He'd stop and eyeball the group of chicks to see if they were paying attention to how important he is, then move onto the next group.  It was hilarious.  He must have been really important to be talking about multimillion dollar business at a freaking movietheatre parking lot...

:furious
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »
Never owned a cell phone and never will.  They're rude little devices that make people feel self important.  Take a normal person in a public situation and give them a cell phone and you'll see the amazing transformational powers into selfimportantsalamander happen right before your eyes.  Worst invention ever.

People talk while in line at Starbucks, not bothering to hang-up to talk to the person RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM
People talk while in restaurants in overly loud tones so everyone knows they're 'really important' and on the phone
People talk while driving their car, putting on their makup, tuning the radio and yelling at their kids in the backseat
People talk while on airplanes even though the message has been to turn off all electronic devices... Just mine won't make a difference, besides, I'm important!
People talk in movie theatres because god forbid they miss a second of the movie, but talking over it so others miss it isn't a big deal, they're not important.
People will STOP talking in mid conversation to pick-up their cell phone and put a real life person standing in front of them on hold because they're not as important.

I can't wait until we get to the point where everyone's walking around with grapefruit sized braintumors and is unable to communicate to someone face to face, and has to resort to 'texting' (NOT A REAL WORD) or calling them up on their phone in order to talk.

The other day I was at the movies.  I watched a gentleman out front stop in front of every group of girls out there while 'talking' on his cell phone.  He kept stating very loudly about his plans to be in Johannesburg then Vienna for 'Big Money' and 'blah blah blah' 'huge money'.  He'd stop and eyeball the group of chicks to see if they were paying attention to how important he is, then move onto the next group.  It was hilarious.  He must have been really important to be talking about multimillion dollar business at a freaking movietheatre parking lot...

:furious
I don't even text friends on my phone even though I could, I read books on my phone and watch video's and occasionally listen to music when studying for stuff at school  :confused:

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »
I've had the Droid Razr for a few months. My daughters have had the iPhone 4s the same time. My phone is faster. I have more storage capacity as I can add a larger sd card if I want where the iPhone has a fixed amount of storage depending on the model you bought. Price difference of the higher capacity IPhones I'd crazy versus an sd card imo. I listen to music and have my 32GB card fairly well packed. It is large but its also fairly bullet proof. I need that being Semi brute with my phones. I have it in an otterbox too just in case.

So far I'm loving it. I have one gripe tho. The battery life kinda sucks if you don't turn a lot of stuff off when not actually using the phone. The 4G is really fast but the problem is the 4he network isn't well established yet. So the phone will burn up the battery trying to find it. I run on 3G because of this. The 4G is really only useful for streaming video or large downloads anyway. Use it when needed and save the battery. Funny the rolled out a new model of this phone last month called the Razr maxx. Only diff is it has the larger Battery this one should have had. Same phone otherwise. Thicker to accommodate the battery. There is a separate battery pack available but its a USB connection. The battery on the Razr is neither accessible or replaceable. My girls don't seem to have any problems with battery life on their phones.

I'm waiting for an OS upgrade for the Razr. Might not come out til Q3 now so they say. Well add more capability and more GUI stuff.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »
I've had the Droid Razr for a few months. My daughters have had the iPhone 4s the same time. My phone is faster. I have more storage capacity as I can add a larger sd card if I want where the iPhone has a fixed amount of storage depending on the model you bought. Price difference of the higher capacity IPhones I'd crazy versus an sd card imo. I listen to music and have my 32GB card fairly well packed. It is large but its also fairly bullet proof. I need that being Semi brute with my phones. I have it in an otterbox too just in case.

So far I'm loving it. I have one gripe tho. The battery life kinda sucks if you don't turn a lot of stuff off when not actually using the phone. The 4G is really fast but the problem is the 4he network isn't well established yet. So the phone will burn up the battery trying to find it. I run on 3G because of this. The 4G is really only useful for streaming video or large downloads anyway. Use it when needed and save the battery. Funny the rolled out a new model of this phone last month called the Razr maxx. Only diff is it has the larger Battery this one should have had. Same phone otherwise. Thicker to accommodate the battery. There is a separate battery pack available but its a USB connection. The battery on the Razr is neither accessible or replaceable. My girls don't seem to have any problems with battery life on their phones.

I'm waiting for an OS upgrade for the Razr. Might not come out til Q3 now so they say. Well add more capability and more GUI stuff.

Did you get any power saver apps? My battery only lasts for 6 hours roughly without Juice defender (free version) it will last almost 16 hours with it installed and turned on, don't notice any decrease in performance

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 12:47:38 PM »

Also You can carry spare battery's around where as with the iphone you can't, I always have a spare on me, not sure about the sd card, I have no idea if the iphone has one that can be removed
Thats not true at all. They make portable batteries that you use to charge the main battery for your ipad/iphone and other USB devices. Plus, i hardly ever use Itunes on the computer. Only once in a while do i plug in and then backup my music.

I dont have a 4S but i have had a 4 since Late July. The only real difference is just Siri (which is what the S stands for) Havent had one problem with it yet. Safari is much faster than my Dad's Droid Revolution(or Evolution) browser. Its fast going between apps. Its very user friendly and is very easy to pick up. I can charge my phone up to 100% in about an hour and it will last me between 18 and 48 hours (18 being heavily used).
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »
Did you get any power saver apps? My battery only lasts for 6 hours roughly without Juice defender (free version) it will last almost 16 hours with it installed and turned on, don't notice any decrease in performance

Yes. I use the smart actions app that comes with the phone. There are others but this works for me. I've set up a rule there that turns off things like cell data, GPS, etc, for the first fifty minutes of ever hour of the day unless I'm either actually using the phone or its connected to a charger. That helps a lot but for example, if I'm listening to tunes all day at work on wired ear buds it needs to get on a charger by the time I'm heading home. Less if I'm on blue tooth. The radios really kill the battery. To compare the phone this one replaced was a chocolate 3. I had an extended battery in that and could go literally days between charges listening to music constantly. Even on its own speakers! But this phone does blow that one away in just about every other way.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
IPhone to get the ladies.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
IPhone to get the ladies.
until they realize you drained your bank account.... then your homeless with an iphone ;)
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »
Thanks Guys. Good tips.. :aok
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi