Author Topic: SEA1 possible issue  (Read 287 times)

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
SEA1 possible issue
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
Tonight for AHXARL we were using Bishop's for our country and launching at Field A26. One fellow came in as a Knight and said he could not change countries for 1 hour. I asked him what he was talking about and he said he had a pop up box that said he could not change to Bishop for 58 minutes now. Thinking he was pulling my leg I did the dot command to change to Knights and was immediately transported to a Knight base, where upon I again did a dot command to change back to Bishop. At that time, I, too, got a pop up box telling me I could not change countries for an hour.
I had told the fellow earlier to try going to SEA2, changing to Bishop, then come back into SEA1, and that is what I did.
When I reentered into SEA1, I was in as a Bishop, as was the other fellow.
Not sure what or why, but thought I would mention it.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: SEA1 possible issue
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:21 AM »
Was the arena "country change time" set to zero, or was it still set to an hour?

I remember a weirdness a while ago, although not the same, involved changing countries from the O'Club. A guy was showing as on one country, but the base he was at was a different country and he could not get to the O'Club because of it. We changed base ownership from the fields settings and he was able to get to the O'Club and change countries, then the base was changed back.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »
Pretty sure it was 0.
As with some other special events, there are some settings that always remain the same, and that is one of them.
Always a possibility that it was changed though.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »
I was in SEA1 last night to get the terrain loaded and tables created for the upcoming FSO. I set everything to default and then started setting stuff. I tried to switch countries, after switching once already, and got "you can't switch for another 52 minutes". I changed the country switch time to zero and could then switch any time I wanted.

If it happens to you again, check to see if the switch time is zero. If it is, try setting it to something else and then set it back to zero and see what happens. Then it might actually be a bug.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:50:55 PM »
Mr. Dot,
Thank you very much for that. I will make a note (then hope I can find it or remember where I put it).
Snoopy Bell