Author Topic: Look what $15 got me...  (Read 796 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Look what $15 got me...
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
I've got a sweet scan of a VE paper we did at my shop for a guy.  Some of the little blurbs are what's the most interesting...

RUSS PLANES ATTACK DANISH ISLE
COPENHAGEN, May 8 (INS) -- Russian air forces renewed their attacks today on German ships in the harbors of Roenne and Nekos, on the Danish Island of Bornholm, in the Baltic Sea.

Wait?!  I thought it was VE day?!  Why are the Russians still attacking?  :devil
Germany signed a separate surrender to the USSR that didn't go into effect until the 9th.
May 9th (Victory Day) is a huge holiday in Russia, there's still a big parade in Red Square every year.
were they still fighting Finland?
Finland dropped out in September 1944

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »
heh.... May 9th is my birthday.  :bolt:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 04:13:15 PM »
Said id upload photos when it came......Was on my porch today  :)

The Sydney Morning Herald October 26th 1944  (Last day of the battle)
Paper reports on the Battle of Leyte Gulf........Talks about The battle off Samar Island, the Sulu Sea and the Sibuyan Sea.....Speaks about the sinking of the USS Princeton and the 3 separate "JAP" fleets that are being engaged

Im going to read it tonight, Ill post any intresting stuff i find...............this one is also destined for a frame on my office wall  :aok
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:16:07 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.