Author Topic: Paintball  (Read 638 times)

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
Paintball
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
I need some help from our South East Texas users. Anybody know any good paintball fields that are open and within 1 hour of Beaumont? The reason I am asking is because it is my birthday party. My birthday is on January 24th and I wanted to do paintball but my parents didn't have enough money to spare and my dad is working weekends til March 3rd. I saved up enough money but all the fields that would be really close are closed.

:salute
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
Re: Paintball
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
I need some help from our South East Texas users. Anybody know any good paintball fields that are open and within 1 hour of Beaumont? The reason I am asking is because it is my birthday party. My birthday is on January 24th and I wanted to do paintball but my parents didn't have enough money to spare and my dad is working weekends til March 3rd. I saved up enough money but all the fields that would be really close are closed.

let me help you out here :) iv been addicted for a while  :D.
http://www.pbnation.com/fields/

this will tell you where fields and stores are and what services they have. Look around the websight as well. Its the most used websight by paintballers and will help you with most of your questions.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:47:19 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »

Houston's "Urban War Zone Paintball" looks like your best bet, but its 1.5 hours away from you. There is a "D & D Paintball" in Lake Charles, LA that's a bit closer, but it could be just a supply store. I've never been to either of them, that's just what a google map result showed.

yes, check out pbnation.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »
Paintball fields close in the winter in Texas?  Way too far south for that to happen.  Weak.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:52 PM »
I got a couple of tippman 98 customs I'd be willing to part with cheap.  One with a long barrel, the other with a flatline barrel.  Both have been in a box for the past decade or so.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:53 AM »
Paintball fields close in the winter in Texas?  Way too far south for that to happen.  Weak.

yep, apparently no one likes paintball here and they aren't really getting any business. :(

thanks for the help, managed to find one :salute
FlyKommando.com

delta07

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
Houston's "Urban War Zone Paintball" looks like your best bet, but its 1.5 hours away from you. There is a "D & D Paintball" in Lake Charles, LA that's a bit closer, but it could be just a supply store. I've never been to either of them, that's just what a google map result showed.

yes, check out pbnation.

1.5 hours for a good range isn't bad IMHO... especialy if you're underage and your parents would preffer it being reputable/safe enough to leave you and your friends there all day.

Oh, and I know you've been saving up, but try to save up even a little more (and of cource politely haggle for a group/party rate).  Between things like gatorade and just using twice as much gas and paint than you would think you could use in the day.  And if you don't blow it all on paint/gas/gatorade, I'll trust you to think of something else you'll enjoy spending it on.

I got a couple of tippman 98 customs I'd be willing to part with cheap.  One with a long barrel, the other with a flatline barrel.  Both have been in a box for the past decade or so.

Looked at a lot of those back in the day (and there were a ton), wonder what color/flavor yours is?  I had one of the first Pirhana STS (i think, speaking of being in a box for a while).

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:19:49 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
yep, apparently no one likes paintball here and they aren't really getting any business. :(

thanks for the help, managed to find one :salute

You know, it was on a slow and steady rise in popularity back when I had time and a little money.  I doubt the past decade has helped it continue that fruitful path, but it was established enough before that it will likely rebound strongly once the economy does enough.

In fact, now that I think of it, the time for urban/warehouse paintball real-estate/venues hasn't been better for them (cheap and available warehouse space, some even have A/C, lol).
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:30:59 PM »
 :frown:

Every time I see a paintball thread I get all nostalgic for my glory days.  :frown:

I haven't played in going on 6 years now.  Can anybody tell me what the sport is like in terms of popularity now vs. when I played from the mid 90s to 2006?  Maybe it's only because I'm not involved anymore, but it seems like I see fewer fields and less general interest in the sport now, then I did when I quit playing.  I know of several fields I used to play at in the late 90s that are long gone, and I've seen half a dozen paintball stores come and go.  Come to think of it, I couldn't find APG magazine in the grocery store last time I looked about a year ago either, and I know they used to have it.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »
Big cities can support paintball fields because most people who live in urban areas dont own their own land to play on. I live in the country, so me and my friends will play either behind my house or at the deer camp. No sense in traveling somewhere to pay to play. From 2003 to 2008 me and my friends were crazy about paintball, but times were good then.

Tournament style speedball is definitely become more popular as a pro and semi-pro sport, but its pretty expensive so there aren't a whole lot of people who do it. I'd say the lack in participation is due to people watching their spending money in this economy, not from disinterest. Time is another factor, not many people have it as they've got work, school and families to worry about.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »
:frown:

Every time I see a paintball thread I get all nostalgic for my glory days.  :frown:

I haven't played in going on 6 years now.  Can anybody tell me what the sport is like in terms of popularity now vs. when I played from the mid 90s to 2006?  Maybe it's only because I'm not involved anymore, but it seems like I see fewer fields and less general interest in the sport now, then I did when I quit playing.  I know of several fields I used to play at in the late 90s that are long gone, and I've seen half a dozen paintball stores come and go.  Come to think of it, I couldn't find APG magazine in the grocery store last time I looked about a year ago either, and I know they used to have it.

Woah, good point, I can't remember the last time I saw an AGP on a stand.  And now that you mention it, my two favorite old shops changed in the last 3-5 years.  2-3 years ago one closed (and became a designer piano store - go figure if they're turning much profit in this economy... but, it is near Encino/Tarzana), and about 5-6 years ago my favorite one switched its mainstay to Airsoft, with paintball being a secondary accessory thing (but now that I think of it, havent checked them out in 2-years and I'm seriously wondering if they're still there or at the least moved - they're near a relatively busy spot I usually pass through on a busy boulevard, so... ).

Big cities can support paintball fields because most people who live in urban areas dont own their own land to play on. I live in the country, so me and my friends will play either behind my house or at the deer camp. No sense in traveling somewhere to pay to play. From 2003 to 2008 me and my friends were crazy about paintball, but times were good then.

Tournament style speedball is definitely become more popular as a pro and semi-pro sport, but its pretty expensive so there aren't a whole lot of people who do it. I'd say the lack in participation is due to people watching their spending money in this economy, not from disinterest. Time is another factor, not many people have it as they've got work, school and families to worry about.

True, still a number open out here on the outskirts of the So-Cal metropolitan area...  but compared to just 6-8 years ago, every Tom, Joe, and Dick with an idea and either good enough credit or a family connection/land-owner was running a field on the weekends out and around here, trying to host office parties on the weekdays type of thing.  Well, half of them are gone, so while we still have over a hundred, we're down from the ~2-300 not too long ago (and that might be bad everywhere else, but IMHO is a good thing here).

And I agree, the only problem with paintball right now, is a lack of spending cash in the hands of those who would gladly burn some on paint, markers and (even in this economy) participants need to choose between lunch or another CO2 canister refill or two.

Edit:  Post 3420  :rock  :banana:  :joystick:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:56:06 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
1.5 hours for a good range isn't bad IMHO... especialy if you're underage and your parents would preffer it being reputable/safe enough to leave you and your friends there all day.

Oh, and I know you've been saving up, but try to save up even a little more (and of cource politely haggle for a group/party rate).  Between things like gatorade and just using twice as much gas and paint than you would think you could use in the day.  And if you don't blow it all on paint/gas/gatorade, I'll trust you to think of something else you'll enjoy spending it on.

Looked at a lot of those back in the day (and there were a ton), wonder what color/flavor yours is?  I had one of the first Pirhana STS (i think, speaking of being in a box for a while).

pestered my friend until he agreed to pay for the drinks and everyone is bringing their own paint, and im bringing some for backup :cheers:
FlyKommando.com

delta07