Author Topic: Mixed symphony in the air today over DM AFB  (Read 1073 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mixed symphony in the air today over DM AFB
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
Fantastic pics! :aok
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »
I have never seen an operational F-4 that was shiny.

When a crew rotated stateside from Udorn they'd snap a pix of 'em on the crew boarding ramp or standing by it ..
..saw the crewcheif wipe the side of the plane down with brake fluid to make it 'shiny' for the photo .. LOL.

Then they would tow the plane to the paint hangar ..cause brake fluid did a number on the paint-stencils-etc.

The paint itself wasn't even semi-gloss ..it was flat camo.

-just sayin (tm Pasha)

-GE aka Frank
(worked every F-4 type in the USAF inventory and one that wasn't .. Luftwaffe version of the F-4E, the F-4H if I remember correctly)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »
That F4 is badass  :aok

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
I did not know about this and even if I did the night shift would have interfered with my being up to see it. I have only heard of one other Tucson AHer. We should get together at the Pima Air and Space Museum.

Muttman

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »
I did not know about this and even if I did the night shift would have interfered with my being up to see it. I have only heard of one other Tucson AHer. We should get together at the Pima Air and Space Museum.

Muttman

There's at least 4 of us.

Me, Maverick, you and Puma44

I'd be up for a Tucson AH get together. No better place than the museum.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
We will be heading out of town by next weekend if things go as we expect. We won't be back until next December.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Puma do you have a site with the full res shots? ARWs would be nice too (or whatever your RAW format is).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »
Puma do you have a site with the full res shots? ARWs would be nice too (or whatever your RAW format is).

Just on photobucket.  What are you interested in?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »
There's at least 4 of us.

Me, Maverick, you and Puma44

I'd be up for a Tucson AH get together. No better place than the museum.

Jappa52 also

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »

-GE aka Frank
(worked every F-4 type in the USAF inventory and one that wasn't .. Luftwaffe version of the F-4E, the F-4H if I remember correctly)

Old Fart :)
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »
Thanks gents!   :salute

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
We will be heading out of town by next weekend if things go as we expect. We won't be back until next December.

Welp, plans changed. That happens when you cast them in jello. It looks like we'll be here another week getting a repair taken care of. Parts won't be in until next week.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Just on photobucket.  What are you interested in?

Mustangs  :aok But photobucket screws up everything.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:52 AM »
Mustangs  :aok But photobucket screws up everything.

I'd be happy to help you out. Although, I didn't shoot in RAW.  New camera, still learning the ropes. If you have any ideas, I'm all ears. 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »
Oh my! Jpg destroys the best of the images. Which camera do you have?

I think (depending on the camera you have) it actually uses less card space to record in raw because it doesnt have to keep the raw AND the jpg. If your camera didnt come with a conversion utility or you dont have Photoshop you might be stuck. Adobe may have a free conversion program also.

Flickr might work as a place to upload... or Dropbox. Dropbox basic which is free gives 2GB of space. The problem is sharing on Dropbox which you have to decide on. Its really better for groups of people in photography classes or business groups.

Flickr limits you to 20mb per image and that means one image with a 16 or 18 MP camera. 300MB per month also limits you to 15 images of that size.

Windows Live Photo Gallery (Free) gives you 25GB and is quickly becoming the most popular.

Complete list (more or less):   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photo_sharing_websites