Author Topic: Scenario Time Question  (Read 3489 times)

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
Re: Scenario Time Question
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
Who wants to waste a beautiful summer Saturday at the computer desk?

me & everyone else living in texas.
120 days of 100+F temps straight this yr.

summer sucks!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »
We have the same summers just maybe 5 degrees less. I know what ya mean but I am sure if I was forced to go outside I would find something productive to do.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline black

• Zinc Member
      • 353rd Fighter Group
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »
B

Terrible Twins
353rd Fighter Group
XO Badmood
www.slybirds.com

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
B
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »
The biggest reason I haven't attended scenarios is the 3pm time. Right now, I need to literally plan scenarios as my 'alone time' so I have to pick and choose the events I want to take part in very carefully. If the events were moved to 6pm or later, it would be all the difference in the world.

I do feel the Euro/Aussie pain and I'm not without sympathy. When I worked nights, I would get to bed at 11am and be up by 2:45pm so I could make the scenario and often was the GL.

^ This although for me 3:00 PM is out completely except alternate weekends in the winter.  It's kept me out of scenarios for 15 years.  I just stopped watching what the start times would be.  It ended up being a fluke that I got into BoG.  Now I'd like to do another but if they are going to all be at 3:00 PM I'll stop checking again.  Maybe I'll stumble into another one in another 15 years or so.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
B.

or

C.  - Like mentioned above, anytime before 6:PM EST on a weekend, and my chances of attending diminish greatly.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »
This particular time slot is used most often as it has evolved over more than 15 years.  It is the one slot that most people around the globe can attend, no one is thrilled, but most are available.

We don't always run them at this time period, but it is not a time slot we simply pulled out of our collective hats :)

:D
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
Having played in scenarios for the past 13-14 years in both Air Warrior and here in Aces High, I think 3:00 pm Eastern time is the best time for the majority of players to participate.  There is no time that is ideal for everyone worldwide but it is a good compromise.  The only other solution I can think of is to do like they did in AW and have midweek US evening Frames as well as weekend Frames for each scenario.  This seemed to work well in AW and meant most people could at least make some of the frames.  

Alternating the times between 3:00 pm and 10:00 pm would be all well and good if there were more scenarios being held each year, but with only 3 those of us in Europe would only get a chance to participate in 1 or in alternate years, 2 per year.  I love scenarios, they are mostly what keeps me here, and I always look forward to being part of them along with everyone else.

At present, there is no way I can stay up late for a US-timed frame as I still work full-time, unfortunately, so I would greatly appreciate it if scenarios were all played at 3:00 pm Eastern time and have some late-night frames during the week each time.

A
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 05:34:21 PM »
Having played in scenarios for the past 13-14 years in both Air Warrior and here in Aces High, I think 3:00 pm Eastern time is the best time for the majority of players to participate.  There is no time that is ideal for everyone worldwide but it is a good compromise.  The only other solution I can think of is to do like they did in AW and have midweek US evening Frames as well as weekend Frames for each scenario.  This seemed to work well in AW and meant most people could at least make some of the frames.  

Alternating the times between 3:00 pm and 10:00 pm would be all well and good if there were more scenarios being held each year, but with only 3 those of us in Europe would only get a chance to participate in 1 or in alternate years, 2 per year.  I love scenarios, they are mostly what keeps me here, and I always look forward to being part of them along with everyone else.

At present, there is no way I can stay up late for a US-timed frame as I still work full-time, unfortunately, so I would greatly appreciate it if scenarios were all played at 3:00 pm Eastern time and have some late-night frames during the week each time.

A

Hi Flossy.  I'm sorry that you will not be able to participate in some of the scenarios with the new start times.

Before these changes, myself and may other US participants who work on Saturdays would never be able to do them.

In my opinion the new schedule accommodates all players some of the time.
Wag more, bark less.