Author Topic: paintball picture thread  (Read 697 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
paintball picture thread
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
hey guys! for those of you that don't know already i am a paintball reff. I witness many different types of markers (guns), from milism to spacegun, from custom made to 3,000 dollar guns, and i meet many different types of players, from competitive airball players to woodsball and scenario players, military, kids, you name it, iv seen it. But it came to my attention that much of the aces high committee either play or use to play. If you play or played i wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of you guys doing so.  :) and please showcase your marker!  :D

my stuff

just messing around here  :P

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:53:58 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: paintball picture thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
that looks great for sitting in a bush far away from other players and wasting money shooting at people you can't see because they are also far away hiding behind trees and bushes :p  also surely the scopes etc are worthless? I'm sure I read that a paintball is never going to have enough velocity to make them accurate in the same way that a real gun would be. it certainly is a very cool looking gun though, if that's the kind of thing that gets you going ;]

I gave up paintball for ice hockey 4 or 5 years ago, but I always preferred the sup-air wasting money by shooting hundreds of paintballs in 2 minutes at people hiding behind inflatable barricades while dressed like a power ranger :)  more exciting, more teamwork, more tactics. although still a lot of money wasted spamming paint. I did do my fair share of woodsball though and it wasn't always boring...just 90% of the time

ahh here we go...there is even a video of me and my brother (Loxy, also an AH cartoon pilot) playing some woodsball, although thankfully not on a 'hiding behind bushes all day' kind of field :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfkP5xEEiBk   most of the video is of Loxy, but pretty sure you see me pushing up the middle at some point, and running round at the very end to mug the last couple of guys and shout field clear ;D  edit: ahh yes just re-watched it, i'm on the right with a yellow pack towards the end, creeping off at 3:30ish to sneak around and shoot people in the side  :old:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:48:11 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
lol buzzcuts for the win. So much easier than having real, actual hair :D

Always wanted to get into paintballing, but my mum is so much a pacifist it's ridiculous -____________________- She has problems with freaking Mariokart :huh because you're hitting people with shells. -.-

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
I dont have any pics but Im running an A5 with the big barrel shaped flatline and retractable stock. I ref occasionally as well.

Right now Im wearing the proto pants and a dye jersey both in green.

On the subject of airball: meh. Doesnt float my boat. Its to small where you cant get super creative and it comes down to who can put the most paint in the other teams direction. Thus Im a woodie! I play at an old zoo in Panama City where they have a course that has two trailer about 100 yards apart with old cars and a few boats inbetween, a course made using entirely 55 gal oil drums, another course that is a big island (in the middle of a small lake) with two small bridges across where one team starts on the island and the other starts across it in a series of small houses. The goal is to either kill all players or steal a flag from the center of the island, finally a standard woods course that also has a small island in it but is very fun.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »
I'd have to dig waaaay back to find some of my Paintball pictures.  Most of them are from late 90's early '00s.  Haven't played at all since I was on a collegiate team in '05-'07.  Somewhere I must have pictures of my first marker from 1995, it was a Spyder, back when there was only ONE Spyder model... just the Spyder.  Then I stepped up to a Bob Long signature series Autococker (very pretty but sometimes a PITA to time) then a ICD Bushmaster, then a Shocker (the original one that looked like a shoebox with a barrel) then a Timmy, then a ICD Freestyle.  They're all gone now.  :(

I started out in the woods, put after only about a year moved over to speedball style.  Much more fun IMO, to have a fast moving, fast paced game.  Rather then hiding behind a bush for 2 hours.  When I ended up in the collegiate team we played both PSP/X-ball and NPPL/7 man format tournaments.

Sometimes I miss the game a lot, but I have never missed the part where I spent $100+ on paint, air, gas, entrance fees etc, every weekend of the summer.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:19:11 PM »
... and it comes down to who can put the most paint in the other teams direction.

Not to be confrontational, but that is an ignorant statement. 

Speedball, Sup-air, whatever you call it... the winning team always comes down to which side had better communication, teamwork, timing/coordination, speed, accuracy and technique.  When I played X-ball the rules allowed ramping capped at 15 balls per second, which meant that everyone was shooting at 15bps.  And 7 man rules where no ramping, semi-auto only, so BPS came down to who could walk the trigger faster.  In either case the amount of paint being flung made little difference in the outcome.  Besides, the guys who are unloading lots of paint are the back players who's job it is to cover lanes and call plays, most of the eliminations come from the small, quick front players, who job is to move upfield quickly and flank or bunker the opposition, and who use much less paint.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »
Not my pictures, just searching google, my 1st marker was this beauty, except without the raised sight rail, and the chamber under the barrel after a year I had it all tricked out with aftermarket barrel and expansion chamber.

Bob Long Autococker looked like this, except without the drop forward and trigger guard cutaway.

and my Shocker looked like this

My Bushmaster was this style, except it was in silver and green dust finish, with a 15° forward angled HPR adapter and fancy aftermarket regulators

my last marker was this model Freestyle

My Timmy I bought as a customized job, I can't find any pictures that resemble it, and I bet I don't have any. I only had it for a few months anyway.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:43:10 PM by saggs »

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:22 PM »
Sold most of my good paintball stuff about 3 years ago. Just got back into it
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »
Not to be confrontational, but that is an ignorant statement. 

Speedball, Sup-air, whatever you call it... the winning team always comes down to which side had better communication, teamwork, timing/coordination, speed, accuracy and technique.  When I played X-ball the rules allowed ramping capped at 15 balls per second, which meant that everyone was shooting at 15bps.  And 7 man rules where no ramping, semi-auto only, so BPS came down to who could walk the trigger faster.  In either case the amount of paint being flung made little difference in the outcome.  Besides, the guys who are unloading lots of paint are the back players who's job it is to cover lanes and call plays, most of the eliminations come from the small, quick front players, who job is to move upfield quickly and flank or bunker the opposition, and who use much less paint.

Well I made that statement because I havent played in a kind of regulated league or even with consistent teams for that matter. I play enough to buy good gear but not enough to play all the time and play with set teams. When I play its line up and the ref splits us up and alot of the time you get a bunch of new guys on your team and alot of new guys on the other team so its almost like two games at once sometimes. (regular players looking for regular players and newbs looking for newbs.) So it was an uneducated statement but that is all I have experienced.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 03:01:22 AM »
Well I made that statement because I havent played in a kind of regulated league or even with consistent teams for that matter. I play enough to buy good gear but not enough to play all the time and play with set teams. When I play its line up and the ref splits us up and alot of the time you get a bunch of new guys on your team and alot of new guys on the other team so its almost like two games at once sometimes. (regular players looking for regular players and newbs looking for newbs.) So it was an uneducated statement but that is all I have experienced.

No problem, I can see that when you have an experienced team with nice equipment vs. a new team with beginner equipment it might seem that way especially if you're stuck with a crappy rental marker that breaks paint and won't shoot straight.  Equipment does matter, I do remember 1 tournament match where equipment failure cost us the match.   But experience and skill matter more, I'd say in my paintball days that 98% of the matches were won or lost on team skill alone, because usually each side had pretty equal equipment.  When I was a beginner, I played against other beginners with cheap markers just like mine, as I got more experience I got better equipment, and played more experience teams with better equipment.

I know the last field I used to practice at ran two fields.  One they would put all the beginners, and kids birthday parties, and people on group dates, etc on.  And the other was usually established teams scrimmaging as a team or against another team.  That way you never had the completely lopsided matches with a hard-core collegiate team with Egos and Dyes, going up against some 12 yr old's birthday party with rental Tipmanns and fogged up Scott goggles.

See.. dang it, now you got me all nostalgic.  Someday maybe when I'm rich I'll take it up again, problem is that I'm already a decade older then the average player... I'd be that one awkward old guy at the field.  :o

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 03:12:47 AM »
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
It's been a few years since i've played and reffed paintball. these are some pics from when i played back in High school.

i really miss paintball, im hoping to get back into it soon, i dont know of any good fields to go to in Alaska though. i used to play when i lived in VA
OEF 11-12

Offline kotrenin

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
I haven't played in about 10 years but I still have my Spyder sitting in a box somewhere in the house, probably with crusty O-rings. I also have a Brass Eagle 10 shot. I was going to buy another 1 and make a nice wooden case for them with 10 rounds apiece, a couple CO2 cartridges and a pair of masks with the intent of using them with my buddies to solve our disagreements at 10 paces.  :D

Sorry, but I don't have pics. The Spyder Saggs posted is of course similar to mine.
He's a lover, not a fighter... but he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8  http://one_foggy.tripod.com/sounds/afu_jokeson.wav

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »
that looks great for sitting in a bush far away from other players and wasting money shooting at people you can't see because they are also far away hiding behind trees and bushes :p  also surely the scopes etc are worthless? I'm sure I read that a paintball is never going to have enough velocity to make them accurate in the same way that a real gun would be.

ahh save it for the airsofters you troll   :lol

1) I don't shoot at anything i know i wont have a chance hitting, plus i use my paint wisely. Not saying you don't but its a given that airball/hyperball gos through more paint do to the guns and closer quarters.
2) Yes scopes are worthless unless your one of the rare people that can actually use them effectively, good thing i use a x1 red dot sight  ;), and those ARE used effectively... not to mention if you use FSRs/flatline/apex (which i have)...
3) Take my gun and your gun, and throw them as hard as you can against the street and see which one still works, hell dunk them both in mud, sand, water, outcome will be the same.  :D

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 03:11:30 AM »
Used to play all during highschool, but haven't play since then until today actually. The bug bit me again and I'm probably gonna work/ref at the local field, considering its a less than 10 minute bike ride away from the bus stop outside my school's campus. Well, there goes this semester's grades, lol.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!