Author Topic: Last patch made late war ma unflyable  (Read 914 times)

Offline HGANCHOR

• Zinc Member
Last patch made late war ma unflyable
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
after the last patch, when I load into late war ma all of the field alt are around 20k to 30k high or low and the terrain is all spiky, even the sea.  I have nothing running in the background and have adjusted the graphics up and down with no change. I see other players flying through mountains and sea. All other arenas are normal.
vAnchor
Lifes hard, it's harder if your stupid!

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Last patch made late war ma unflyable
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
For me the latest patch has a major video issue.  As I get closer to a plane it starts to jump allover the screen.  If I get less than 200 the screen locks, application crashes and locks entire PC.  It happened multiple times exactly as described.  This is the first time a patch has had this significant a video problem for me.

Running Windows 7 premium.  Admittedly my video card is not the newest but CPU is very potent (NVidia GForce 9500).  I updated my video driver within the last month.
Any suggestions?
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »
Go back to older drivers.  The newer NVidia drivers have a lot of problems with older video cards.

The 9500 is a pretty low end video card.  Make sure you disable all the options in the "Options->Graphic Detail->Advanced" panel.

I have a faster video card in my work computer and can only run with "Detailed Water" checked.  Been that way for a long time.

HGANCHOR, I need to see a DXDIAG output.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Sadly Skuzzy is correct.

I have a faster video card 6770 and took his advice recently and reduced everything to detailed water and terrain only. I no longer get VOX playback stuttering and so far no CTD or 1-3 second screen freezes and my FPS stays constant 58-60.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wofat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »
Can you please recommend a current video card under $250 that will run the game well now and a few years from now?

Thank you.  :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:49:39 AM »
It'S always quite difficult to make a prognosis for "a few years from now" when it comes to gaming hardware... It also depends on what CPU you are having (a top notch GPU doesn't help if the outadet low end CPU is overwhelmed by it), how big your power supply is and so on. You might state your system specs in the hardware forum and ask for some opinions.

That beign said, I was able to switch to a HD6850 (for ~120€), and in combination with an i3-2120 im now running most advanced options (including smooth self shadow @ 4096) at a constant 60+ fps
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 08:41:02 AM »
Can you please recommend a current video card under $250 that will run the game well now and a few years from now?

Thank you.  :salute

The game scales very well.  My old NVidia 7600GT runs the game just fine, but without any of he advanced graphic options enabled (except "Detailed Water").  I am also running a pretty old Intel E6300 @ 2.8Ghz for the CPU and only 2GB of system RAM (Windows XP).  Frame rates are steady with no stutters.

If you want to run the game with all the graphic options enabled, you are going to need a really fast CPU (not a lot of cores, but a high clock rate >3Ghz), lots of system RAM (4GB or more), and a pretty high end video card ($300.00 and up) with a minimum of 1GB of video RAM.  That should get smooth gameplay with all the advanced options enabled and a reasonable shadow texture size (2048 or less).  You will also need a 64 bit OS to keep the video RAM above the system RAM.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »
...The 9500 is a pretty low end video card....

Bingo!

I just upgraded my video card to a modest NVIDIA GeForce GT430 (2gb video RAM) and AH has never been better.  I can use the optimum graphical settings without any issues so far.

Thanks Skuzzy!  :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
Sadly Skuzzy is correct.

I have a faster video card 6770 and took his advice recently and reduced everything to detailed water and terrain only. I no longer get VOX playback stuttering and so far no CTD or 1-3 second screen freezes and my FPS stays constant 58-60.
WHAT? my 6790 runs this game maxed out in 1080p besides shadows they are at 2048.

OVERCLOCK  :)
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 05:56:50 AM »
You can have the fastest video card on the planet, but if the CPU is under a load, other than the game, then you end up reducing the load on the video card to balance things out.

Two systems with the same video card may require very different game settings in order to run smoothly.  Also note, what is smooth to one player may not be smooth to another player.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »
You can have the fastest video card on the planet, but if the CPU is under a load, other than the game, then you end up reducing the load on the video card to balance things out.

Two systems with the same video card may require very different game settings in order to run smoothly.  Also note, what is smooth to one player may not be smooth to another player.

Very true some players seems to be able to play at ridiculously low frame rates I never could lol.
Curry1-Since Tour 101