Author Topic: rearming  (Read 748 times)

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
rearming
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »
Hey,
I am relatively new to the game and learning the ins and outs. Love the action even if I am getting killed all the time. I heard a bombing team the other day talking about rearming on a base they just plastered, but without landing. Is it possible to reload armament by merely touching wheels?
Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: rearming
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:09:18 PM »
there are re-arm and re-fuel pads located at the end of each runway at airfields. you have to park on them for 30 seconds though

:salute welcome to AH
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »
You have to land and taxi to the circle just off the ends of the runways, then take about 30 seconds to rearm. Or a good carrier landing and you can rearm right there too.

Bob

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
I think some one was misquoted or spoke an incomplete sentence. The rearm pad is one of the many cool features of the game. If I'm not damaged in anyway and the fight looks good I may rearm. That is assuming the possibility of getting vulched is at a minimum.

However, I often land with a gun out, gear missing, oil leak etc. At those times I don't rearm. Also a guy told me a long time ago if you get hit and show no damage you should get a new plane because the likelihood of damage from any more hits will probably cause a major malfunction.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
You have to land and taxi to the circle just off the ends of the runways, then take about 30 seconds to rearm. Or a good carrier landing and you can rearm right there too.

Bob

Or on a bad carrier landing, if you just barely bump the throttle you can move slowly in reverse

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
Thanks for all the info, I'll keep my eyes open for the pads

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
Welcome to the game Dewliner <S>.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »
If you still have trouble locating them press the F3 key, then use a combination of the 0 and 8 keys on your keypad to get a rear down view of your plane on the ground. Eventually; if you use them, you will get to know thier location well enough to taxi to them in your sleep.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 03:13:50 AM »
they're not marked on the maps but look for a small rectangle at the end or near the end of the runways    :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 05:10:21 AM »
Welcome to the game Dewliner <S>.
Zoney, always a gentleman, you were the first person to welcome me to warbirds years ago <S>. Anyway this is what a re-arm pad looks like
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline RipRap

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 07:51:22 AM »
Small Field

Medium field

Large Field

Welcome to AH :salute
Otto  ~Flying Penguins~

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »
Hey,
I am relatively new to the game and learning the ins and outs. Love the action even if I am getting killed all the time. I heard a bombing team the other day talking about rearming on a base they just plastered, but without landing. Is it possible to reload armament by merely touching wheels?
Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks

The re-arm pad is often used when enemy buffs have bombed all the fighter hangars at a base. If you land and "end Sortie" you will not be able to re-up at that base because the hangars are down. So instead of "ending the sortie", taxi to the re-arm pad and your plane will have it's ammo and gas load reset to what it was when you upped from the hangar. in this way you can fly multiple take offs/missions even when the hangars are down. Any plane damage will not be fixed however, so if you are mission parts, or have an oil leak, or a gas leak, those will not be fixed. For scoring purposes a re-arm is still concidered part of the original sortie, so if you shoot down a plane and run out of ammo, and you go back and re-arm and take off and shoot down another plane, then land and "end sortie" you will get a system message stating you have landed 2 kills. your Kills per sortie for that sortie will be 2:1.

Hope that helps.
Who is John Galt?

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 01:23:34 PM »
Or on a bad carrier landing, if you just barely bump the throttle you can move slowly in reverse

My version of a bad carrier landing doesn't involve needing to reverse slightly. Mine mostly involve a new parts department opened on the deck.  :(

But you are correct, you can inch backwards in that manner and thanks for mentioning it.

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 02:52:38 PM »
Negative, a bad carrier landing is when you catch the 2nd or 4th wire.  :D

I, personally, have a small tendency to catch the edge of the deck..... :cry
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
<< catches no wire in my 38 and has to backup maybe 30 ft to get fuel.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)