Author Topic: Computer went Boom  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Computer went Boom
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
perhaps you should read this first.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330054.0.html

it was explained to him why in a nice way.  but he insisted on asking a question that sounded more like "hey i stabbed myself in the leg, has anybody else done that?

semp

I meant for olds to look at it. I'm agreeing with Zoom.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »
lol damage not my fault a faulty program is not working because of my driver. yep i guess i destroyed my video because the driver was bad and now that i rolled it backed its fine and ran furmark for over a hour. i got the info on another forum (with people who help not just flame) that the new cadlistic version could be the issue and it was. while you guys are telling me i destroyed my card and that I'm stupid when the driver was was bad. hmmm shows who you people are.
and you was told this after posting your dxdiag in the technical forum? yes there are some clowns around here but not once have i not found an answer to a problem as long as i posted the question is the correct forum.

yeah i know....what's a dxdiag right?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:06:59 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
lol damage not my fault a faulty program is not working because of my driver. yep i guess i destroyed my video because the driver was bad and now that i rolled it backed its fine and ran furmark for over a hour. i got the info on another forum (with people who help not just flame) that the new cadlistic version could be the issue and it was. while you guys are telling me i destroyed my card and that I'm stupid when the driver was was bad. hmmm shows who you people are.

It was not a faulty program that caused your card to overheat.  If you had read the instructions for FurMark, you would have seen the part where it specifically mentions that FurMark is designed to stress your card so much that it overheats.

The issue really came down to user error, specifically, the user (you) had no clue as to what they were doing and didn't bother to read the instructions or disclaimer for FurMark.

Don't blame FurMark or your drivers for the your own mistakes.  Learn from them instead of looking for excuses.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »
olds,
just have mommy and daddy buy you another video card to blow up, on the bright side at least you arn't blowing up a kid brother or a mailbox instead.
JG 52

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 03:18:22 PM »
olds,
 blowing up a kid brother or a mailbox instead.

Where can I find a program for this?  It doesn't need to come with instructions, I'll be fine just running it till I get it right. (or run out of brothers and mailboxes) 
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Stoliman

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »
Jiminy Cutlas.....you wade into all kinds of self-inflicted garbage.  Hopefully as you move out of childhood you will realize that shutting up, and listening more, will reap you far greater benefits.

Oh, and pay more attention in English class, please.
Tour 74-122:  Stoliman
Tour 123 - now:  Deke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »

see olds the fact that you dont even know what people were telling you brings up the fact that you havent learn anything yet.  you dont understand what people here told you and what the guys on the other bb are telling you.

if you had learned ( or is it learn?) by now, why you got artifacts, then you would have come back and said, now I understand what you guys were telling me.  but the fact that you still dont know why you got them indicates that you still dont know what you are doing.

and btw 1 hr stress test wont actually cut it.  unless of course you are planing to play, ah which stresses the heck out of your cpu/card, then shut down every 59 minutes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FiberOne

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
Where can I find a program for this?  It doesn't need to come with instructions, I'll be fine just running it till I get it right. (or run out of brothers and mailboxes) 

S.T.F.U.! :rofl :rofl Get back in the kitchen or get busy planning the menu for Dayton.
C.O. "The Cereal Killers"
A.H.X.A.R.L. Season 26 Points Champion

Wak-A-Bunny - The Bunny Killer!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 07:26:43 PM »
There is absolutely no reason to stress the CPU like this, i've had my share of benchmark testing and blew up an early Geforce card (back when computers were 400mhz).

Want to really test it? Install a bran new game with high end graphics, and adjust your settings and play.

For example:

Aces High 2 - full graphic'ed out I get 60fps (vsync on) and 280fps vSync off.
Kingdom of Amalur full graphic I get 99fps
Battlefield 3 - 125 fps

Most of the games I play are board strategy / real time strategy which don't require anything (hell I play War in the pacific off an SD card)

Edited:

I do need to figure out why with Vsync OFF I have no laggy issues when tanking and zoomed, Vsync on its problematic (Fps will drop below 30 especially around fire).
JG 52

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »
The program works fine for everyone else as do the drivers most likely.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:29 PM »
olds,
just have mommy and daddy buy you another video card to blow up, on the bright side at least you arn't blowing up a kid brother or a mailbox instead.

why would they when a bad driver was at fault. lol i think you cant read.
The program works fine for everyone else as do the drivers most likely.
idk it was somthing about a bad download idk but i was getting blue screens and furmark not working then i rolled back the driver and its fine now.
btw furmark has been running 4hrs 27mins right now and the card is fine.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:57:18 PM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »
smoke'm if you got 'em olds...  :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 04:36:01 AM »
I hope his house has property insurance with fire coverage.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
I hope his house has property insurance with fire coverage.
why would i need that? again temps not going over 130*F and no artifacts on furmark what can go wrong then?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
OMG ....anyway computer fixed ...60 bucks ...bike week over today ...had a lot of fun ...seen some crazy watermelon ...met some great folks . I really dont know what to tell you Olds.....you remind me of this kid that wanted to go to school..so they bought him some books...the kid said the books where to heavy to carry ...so they bought him a donkey to carry the books ...whats he do ??? Stands on the books and screws the donkey  :rolleyes:
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM