Author Topic: Well im in for it now...  (Read 942 times)

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Re: Well im in for it now...
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 01:45:32 AM »
maybe you'll catch something at the divorce too  :aok

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 09:03:55 AM »
you should never go a s s to mouth :old:

Oh my god...  :rolleyes: :rofl

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 09:04:38 AM »
maybe you'll catch something at the divorce too  :aok

nope, i know them well and this couple is strong  ;)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:50 AM »
This is proof you were the slowest male at the wedding.  :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »
Also, it is proper etiquette to offer to give the garter back to the bride. Some don't care but some do want it back.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:57 AM »
I'm a wedding photographer.  At a large percentage of weddings, when the bride tosses the bouquet the ladies all go for it.  When the groom tosses the garter, most of the guys scatter like roaches do when the light goes on.   :rofl

100% correct.  :aok

I'm a DJ and I always tell the guys that they can't catch anything with their hands in their pockets.

I promise them that it's not a hand-grenade and it will not blow-up...    :rofl

Well was the girl her caught the bouquet hot?  You're supposed to dance with her once right after the garter toss.

I always make them put the garter on her, also.  Then I get them to dance and let the girl put the garter on the guy, afterwards.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »
Also, it is proper etiquette to offer to give the garter back to the bride. Some don't care but some do want it back.

The tradition of offering it back to the bride seems to be slipping away.  People seem to have forgotten about it.  In fact, many brides are wearing two garters now days.  One for tossing and one to keep as a souvenir for themselves that the groom removes later in private.  Just like brides almost never toss their actual bouquet any more, they almost always have a smaller bouquet specifically for tossing.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:25 AM »

I haven't come across one that wanted it back, yet.  Not in 15 + years...  Like Dave said, lots of things are changing.

A lot of traditions are local/regional, as well.

Sometimes I just make stuff up, on the fly, if I am dealing with a bride that is open to suggestions.

Weddings can be a lot of fun, while still retaining some tradition, if done properly.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »
The tradition of offering it back to the bride seems to be slipping away.  People seem to have forgotten about it.  In fact, many brides are wearing two garters now days.  One for tossing and one to keep as a souvenir for themselves that the groom removes later in private.  Just like brides almost never toss their actual bouquet any more, they almost always have a smaller bouquet specifically for tossing.

This is something that I have seen a lot of, recently.

Something else I do is tell the bride (if she is the fun-loving type) to give the girls a pump-fake on the first toss, to see who is REALLY anxious to catch it   :rofl

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »
I haven't come across one that wanted it back, yet.  Not in 15 + years...

A lot of traditions are local/regional, as well.

Sometimes I just make stuff up, on the fly, if I am dealing with a bride that is open to suggestions.

Weddings can be a lot of fun, while still retaining some tradition, if done properly.

I did a wedding a few years ago where the groom did the funniest thing I have ever seen while removing the garter.  He went almost completely under her dress, only his butt and legs were visible.  He had filled his pockets with random objects that nobody knew about.  He started tossing all of these things out from under her dress as he "found" them under there.  There was a spatula, a TV remote, an oven mitt, a sandwich, and quite a few other things.

The whole reception hall was dying with laughter.

Wish you were in my area Von Messa.  A good DJ really makes a reception fun, and makes the photographers job a lot easier.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of really crappy DJs on the wedding circuit.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
I did a wedding a few years ago where the groom did the funniest thing I have ever seen while removing the garter.  He went almost completely under her dress, only his butt and legs were visible.  He had filled his pockets with random objects that nobody knew about.  He started tossing all of these things out from under her dress as he "found" them under there.  There was a spatula, a TV remote, an oven mitt, a sandwich, and quite a few other things.

The whole reception hall was dying with laughter.

Wish you were in my area Von Messa.  A good DJ really makes a reception fun, and makes the photographers job a lot easier.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of really crappy DJs on the wedding circuit.

Oh, there really are.  I will never bad-mouth a competitor, but there are some real hacks out there.

I always try to get set-up early and make it a priority to coordinate with the photographer about the itinerary, as discussed with the bride, just so they know what is going on and have a chance to get the good shots.

I have seen DJ's that look at the photographer as "competition" of some kind when, in reality, when everyone that is working the wedding is on the same page, it goes much more smoothly and "hiccups" (best man is in the can puking, etc) are more more easily dealt with, and it is not so hectic for all of the working folks, that day.  :aok

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »

yup, i offered it back to my cuz, he said keep it  :lol

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 11:56:04 AM »
Why is this such a problem for us guys? you would think that we could figure out the simple truth of "can't catch anything with your hands in your pockets"  :headscratch:
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
I've got a couple I didn't return but both girls are now divorced so I believe the time is right.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
I've got a couple I didn't return but both girls are now divorced so I believe the time is right.

AWW what a pitty...