Author Topic: LA7  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: LA7
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
No, it has no range to fly anywhere (without fuel management.) Also at altitudes of 22k and up the plane just (sorta) sucks.

fixed for ya.  :noid  :aok  :bolt:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »
Regarless, the LA7 is so fast that if in any plane it will chase you down and kill you,

I'll step up and say... yeah, it'll eventually run just about anything down, but you'd be surprised how long it actually takes vs it's contemporaries - often long enough for help to arrive or make it back to friendly AA.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
He is young to the game as of yet and this is just a "Warm Up Whine". Wait untill he meets a stick who really can fly the La7 around about the time he feels his ACM is rockin hot and starts standing his ground.

nom nom nom   :old: :joystick:   :ahand :neener: :bhead  :furious

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 07:09:35 PM »
The day an La7 can beat any of the 3 planes mentioned above in a 1vs1 let me know.
The La7 sucks...period.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killsinm.php?playername=Shane&selectTour=LWTour145&kindex=16&pindex=42

:noid  :neener:

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
I have noticed that too many peeps fly the LA7, and it is a great plane. However, should it not be perked? Its fast, manuverable and yet the Spit Mk14 and the F4UC and F4U-4 are perked, and they are nearly not as much of a plane as the over-modeled LA7.

PLEASE PERK THE LA7 to at least 15 points!

Yet, it sucks on a dive as i had a few chase me to met the ground.  They can not pull out of the dive as easy as i can in the Jug. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
The day an La7 can beat any of the 3 planes mentioned above in a 1vs1 let me know.
The La7 sucks...period.

The hogs are easy mode but the Spit 14 isn't really an issue for the La.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
I have noticed that too many peeps fly the LA7, and it is a great plane. However, should it not be perked? Its fast, manuverable and yet the Spit Mk14 and the F4UC and F4U-4 are perked, and they are nearly not as much of a plane as the over-modeled LA7.

Heck, i can beat a Spit 14 while flying a D-25. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
Heck, i can beat a Spit 14 while flying a D-25. 

Then the 14 driver must really suck.
See Rule #4

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »
No, it has no range to fly anywhere. Also at altitudes of 13k and up the plane just sucks.

Ever notice the La7's best altitude for speed is 20,000ft???  Suckage is not a word to use with the La7 until you reach 27k and up, it does not have the wings to keep it afloat up that high.  It is a bomber interceptor first and foremost, and I think it does that role very well in terms of speed, climb, and firepower.  What else can match it?

The fact that people use the La7 as a boom-n-zoom-n-run mobile is the issue.  The 8 ENY is not representative to its abilities. Oh, and the 50kg bombs are quite nice to have vs the lighter skins gv's.  Try it sometime.    
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 08:37:35 PM »
maybe not 15 but..2 or 3.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 08:41:17 PM »
Ever notice the La7's best altitude for speed is 20,000ft???  Suckage is not a word to use with the La7 until you reach 27k and up, it does not have the wings to keep it afloat up that high.  It is a bomber interceptor first and foremost, and I think it does that role very well in terms of speed, climb, and firepower.  What else can match it?

The fact that people use the La7 as a boom-n-zoom-n-run mobile is the issue.  The 8 ENY is not representative to its abilities. Oh, and the 50kg bombs are quite nice to have vs the lighter skins gv's.  Try it sometime.    
Most pilots who fly la's fly it wide open no throttle work at all, burn all the fuel and makes them very easy to force an overshoot.

Only plane I will complain about is a brewster
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Most pilots who fly la's fly it wide open no throttle work at all, burn all the fuel and makes them very easy to force an overshoot.

Only plane I will complain about is a brewster

:headscratch:

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »
You have not lived until a hoard of Brewsters hands you your shorts. It's like getting swarmed by a cloud of deer flys in July.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
:headscratch:

Only people who have a clue how to fly a plane in this game are going to be the only people who will make the LA leathal. New guys flying it make easy kills.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3