98 Squadron Enemy Coast Ahead
aka Drephus 65th Fs and SWrifle 125th Spartans

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Re: LA7
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 10:16:20 PM »
As the old adage goes..."People want to perk what they can't shoot down."

ack-ack

Yes I think the p38 should definatly be perked  :devil  and take away their blenders and sight bots.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 11:19:49 PM »
The La7 is best used as a Base Defense fighter and with a 50% fuel only increases it's lethality.     To those who say: "It sucks".    :rofl

I still remember winging Stang and having CMustard call me a hacker when his CV ack hugging Zero was shot down with ease.   Right after that, Stang lost his main gun on his Wirble and whined on vox for 10 minutes.    :furious
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 11:29:03 PM »
LA7 is garbage.  the 5 is way better.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 11:44:32 PM »
I've had good luck with it in the past in a base defense role. But I think the guns somewhat suck compared to the 50 cals i'm used to in the American planes. It's a good down low fighter but not good enough to be perked IMO. In the right hands it can be lethal, but then again what plane can't be with the right pilot?
Lighten up Francis

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
LA's suck :P
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »
I barely outturn them in my A8, but its doable.

We where talking about the Lancaster , right ?  :bolt:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »
A guy was complaining tonight on 200 that the Spit 16 should be perked.  I asked why.  He said a good pilot in a 16 is almost unbeatable.  I asked him how often he runs into a good pilot in a Spit 16?  He said not often.

Same thing applies here.  There just aren't that many good pilots flying La7s.  Think about the 51 drivers.  1 guy out of 100 that really knows how to fly it.  The rest go fast, shoot from too far out and eventually lose their E and wind up in slow flat turns til they die.

All the stats in the world don't change that.

So perking a bird because a good stick handed you your backside is just silly as it doesn't represent average MA gameplay.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 02:13:20 AM »
A guy was complaining tonight on 200 that the Spit 16 should be perked.  I asked why.  He said a good pilot in a 16 is almost unbeatable.  I asked him how often he runs into a good pilot in a Spit 16?  He said not often.

Same thing applies here.  There just aren't that many good pilots flying La7s.  Think about the 51 drivers.  1 guy out of 100 that really knows how to fly it.  The rest go fast, shoot from too far out and eventually lose their E and wind up in slow flat turns til they die.

All the stats in the world don't change that.

So perking a bird because a good stick handed you your backside is just silly as it doesn't represent average MA gameplay.

Guess that goes for the same for the perk AC too. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »
Guess that goes for the same for the perk AC too. 

Yep.  I'd unperk em all.  I don't fly perk birds anyway, but since I don't really die and can always get a new plane, I am not real worried about them.  Sometimes part of the Fun is making them miss :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:57 AM »
but since I don't really die and can always get a new plane, I am not real worried about them.

You sure don't over use that line.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 02:27:01 AM »
I've been enjoying the la7 lately. been on a russian kick I guess instead of my ussual Luftwaffe birds. il2 la5 and la7 are great fun. if we get some updated nice looking yaks im sure i would be in those too if this VVS trend im on continues.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »
Yeah, I see the point in using them, but still the plane should be perked, many perked planes are not as good....F4UC, F4U4, Spit14, Tempest.
:huh

Because none of the four planes you mentioned are uber. No one ever flies Tempest  in the DA! No one ever notes the presence of a C hog in a furball or the -4 either. No one ever worries about a spit 14 over their heads. Yeah, those planes are deffinetly not worth perking! End sarcasm
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
The day an La7 can beat any of the 3 planes mentioned above in a 1vs1 let me know.
The La7 sucks...period.
I'll take a well flown LA7 over your SPT 14 and C hog in a deck merge duel any day of the week....4 Hog is best dog fighter in game IMO
(But we all know how hard it is to find SHawk on the deck :D )
Only people who have a clue how to fly a plane in this game are going to be the only people who will make the LA leathal. New guys flying it make easy kills.
Wrong, example= Hoagi

Fact is if LA7 deserves a perk...so does the P51D and Spit 16, possibly the N1k

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"