Author Topic: joining a squad  (Read 535 times)

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
joining a squad
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »
I want to thank those who have extended an invitation for me to join their squad. I'm fairly new at the game and not sure what that entails. Besides I seem to get killed more than anything, not sure how much help that would be to you. LOL. As my skills increase, I may be more likely to join a squad. Nothing personal to any squad. Thanks.
DW

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
Re: joining a squad
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:09 PM »
 :aok :aok :aok thats what I thought!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Spork

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
I want to thank those who have extended an invitation for me to join their squad. I'm fairly new at the game and not sure what that entails. Besides I seem to get killed more than anything, not sure how much help that would be to you. LOL. As my skills increase, I may be more likely to join a squad. Nothing personal to any squad. Thanks.
DW

First, welcome! Glad to see new blood

Second, joining a squad is the best way to get better! Nothing that motivates or helps a person more to become better than flying with squaddies and listening to how they communicate and move around the battlefield. So dont worry if you aren't up to "par". There is no "par". Get with a squad you like, don't worry about how "well" you fly, and just have fun.  

:salute
Spork
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:25:31 PM by Spork »
Spork
80th FS "Headhunters"

"The all purpose utensil in the all purpose plane" - Karma

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »
As soon as the tards see somebody's "squadless", the invites are neverending. ;)

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »

As soon as the tards see somebody's "squadless", the invites are neverending. ;)
:rolleyes:

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »

First, welcome! Glad to see new blood

Second, joining a squad is the best way to get better! Nothing that motivates or helps a person more to become better than flying with squaddies and listening to how they communicate and move around the battlefield. So dont worry if you aren't up to "par". There is no "par". Get with a squad you like, don't worry about how "well" you fly, and just have fun.  

:salute
Spork
What Spork said.

A squad that is well established will help you greatly with the learning curve of this game. :aok

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »
What Spork said.

A squad that is well established will help you greatly with the learning curve of this game. :aok

what Lyric said about what spork said , i say as well

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »
A squad can help you greatly.  But the squads that shoot out blind invites to everyone online who currently doesn't have a squad are generally the exceptions to that rule.

Fly with guys and get to know them before you accept a squad invite.  A good squad will want to fly with you for awhile before they decide if you are a good fit for them and invite you.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
It's also hard to learn in a gaggle...  I started off with the 490th Battlin' Bulldogs.  They were a great squad for learning the ropes in the game and a great bunch of guys.  Trying to coordinate a squad is already akin to hearding cats.  Flying in a megasquad is akin to being in a stampede of cats on cocaine.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »
     My advice is to fly with a bunch of folks before joining a squad.  It's more important that you get along with your potential
squaddies than worrying about your effectiveness in the arena.  If someone offers you a slot the first time they see you, how
picky can they really be?  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:35 PM »
This,

A squad can help you greatly.  But the squads that shoot out blind invites to everyone online who currently doesn't have a squad are generally the exceptions to that rule.

Fly with guys and get to know them before you accept a squad invite.  A good squad will want to fly with you for awhile before they decide if you are a good fit for them and invite you.

and this.

My advice is to fly with a bunch of folks before joining a squad.  It's more important that you get along with your potential
squaddies than worrying about your effectiveness in the arena.  If someone offers you a slot the first time they see you, how
picky can they really be?  :D
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 12:35:43 AM »
You will find your nitch. Some of us are damned good in fighters. Others (like me) not so much, and have more of an affection for medium & heavy bombers, and yet others have a knack for tank combat. There's always something you find you'll like to do here, and checking out different squads and winging up with folks is a good way to do that.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 03:26:30 AM »

:aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.