Author Topic: Pesonal attacks.  (Read 24085 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Pesonal attacks.
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »
Cya Myg, was nice reading your posts  :O

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
i volunteer to be given a proper good thrashing :old:

For what i don't know :)

I formally hereby nominate you for 10 lashings with a whip of HiTech's choice for continued BBS capery, debauchery, mischievous shenanigans, dirty trick, high jinks, and stealing pies from various squadrons in the game.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »
Yo HT, as the "leader" of this game and community, most of the blame lies on yourself for allowing such behaviour to manifest itself. You can have others moderate the arena or forums in your place, but *you* made this game, and thus people will generally respect your self over anyone else.

I have pointed out this general degredation of behaviour before to you, but I was banned for doing so, and you might claim it was the manner in which I did it, but given a choice over pointing out the obvious here, or via PM. It seemed best not to possibly diminish the standing of your techniques in public, but you leave those of us who wish for the better little choice other to let it rot or say it in the open, thus.

Let me point out how this came about, I know you got your own ideas; but these might be worthy observations:

- By allowing Control freaks and agenda pushers to control the main chat channel, by being able to report stuff *they* think is bad, you have allowed those who take life and this game too seriously to assert their collective control over the mainstream air of communication. Thus driving out those who genuinely have fun cussing at eachother and the general competetiveness, respect and banter that comes with it. Such banter and lack-of-seriousness is what makes a game genuinely lighthearted and *fun* and attracts the sort of people the game needs. Im talking about the people who really make a game, the core, the heart, that the rest of the archetypes around here *originate* from, not these branding control-freak sorts are those who have been playing too long or too hard for their own good and lack the perspective to see any other needs then their own. They have their place in the community too, but the balance has shifted in their favour because of this.

- By losing focus of your vision and giving in to whims of *new* planes via voting, even if its a symbolic gesture of sorts; you are overstreching your resources and ability to keep things consistant. By adding new planes you secure the fact that in the future they will need a model upgrade or some other upgrade, and by adding multitudes of types of a plane you require even greater work to make sure they are accurate, thus leaving the planeset with some that look like they are from 2003, and others from 20010. This makes people lose a sense that the game is evolving and thus starts a downward spiral of measured-up expectations vs actual game direction.

I could go on, but I think you get the gist.

Peace out.
 :airplane:

.....and you could do better?

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
Thank you HiTech.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
Mark must have owned you bad..... :rofl

hardly
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
And I just perfected typing "IN".

Now what are we to do?

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:27 AM »
And I just perfected typing "IN".

Now what are we to do?

:old: :airplane: :joystick:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
:old: :airplane: :joystick:

Be an old man who thinks he's a pilot and wiggle my joystick.  Got it!

Thanks Midway.  :aok
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
Be an old man who thinks he's a pilot and wiggle my joystick.  Got it!

Thanks Midway.  :aok

That's just creepy
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
Who's attacking you Hitech. We'll beat the bums!   :)

It use to be that attacking someone personally on the boards was a no no. Saw one the other day and wondered why it lasted so long.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
His sig could fall under personal attack...
Not really :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »
  There is not enough problems with the game and the BBS posters are bored so they must attack each other. HTC needs to start making mistakes. We need Arena Caps back or go back to the old collision/ damage model so we have something to gripe about.  :rolleyes:

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
I need popcorn..
TheStig

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
been looking forward to this boss.  it's getting pretty stupid with the bb's "discuss" stuff.  plus us fighting each other over a stupid reason.  I bet the majority of ah players are grown men over 30 and yet we act like like bullies in the playground.  I guess we all deserve a time out to get back to business.

semp
I am guilty of behaving like a child.

My first year or two on the forums, I flamed away. My epiphany came when I was ready to come to blows over a frickin' game.

It is a game. A fun, challenging game for sure, but it is just a game.  Personally, I have been trying to act my age, but I still occasionally get whiny.

We should all remember the golden rule: Hitech has the gold, so he rules.  OK, not that one. This one:

Treat others as you want them to treat you.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers