Author Topic: Famous AH players  (Read 12240 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Famous AH players
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith played until about Tour 50.   
One of the Founding members of the Marshall Tucker Band played as well.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
he does. Goes by "Silat" in game.
She packed my bags last night pre flight. Zero hour 9 am. And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »

this
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
Well, he's not a musician, but Tool84U is actual Jeff Foxworthy, the comedian.
Does that count as a celebrity? :)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
"You might be a Spitdweeb if ... "?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
I am the most famous person I know  :neener:

wouldn't that actually be 'notorious'?

:bolt:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
wouldn't that actually be 'notorious'?

:bolt:

:D

walked into a store one day..very sweet looking blonde behind the counter, I knew her from many years ago....asked her "do we know each other?" it was about 15 years since I saw her...she says "no...don't think so"

I ask her "you know Paul Fields?  she "Yes"  I say "well that's me."

she says "holy crap Paul...you are famous...every person I know that has a tattoo...you did it"

your not famous until you have groupies....and I have had way too many of those :confused:

the benefits are cool though, like going to a concert and getting to cut every one in line and going in for free :rock

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
Redneck Foxworthy? Naaahhhhh

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »
I saw a pilot with the handle "TedNugnt" in the DA just 30 minutes ago.  I think it must have been the Nuge himself.  He wouldn't reply to my text messages, though.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »

walked into a store one day..very sweet looking blonde behind the counter, I knew her from many years ago....asked her "do we know each other?" it was about 15 years since I saw her...she says "no...don't think so"

I ask her "you know Paul Fields?  she "Yes"  I say "well that's me."

she says "holy crap Paul...you are famous...every person I know that has a tattoo...you did it"

your not famous until you have groupies....and I have had way too many of those :confused:

the benefits are cool though, like going to a concert and getting to cut every one in line and going in for free :rock

:cheers: 
Many years ago I couldn't go out of the house without running into somebody saying 'hey I know you from whatever club I was working at at the time. 

That said your work is pretty much forever and awesome (watch that ankle). What I did back then was more along the lines of 'hey yall I'll play the tunes while you folks get drunk, hook up, and have a great night you barely remember'.  Wasn't a bad life.  Free booze, I got to pick the music, and all the women I could ea.. um.. read bible stories to.   :uhoh

I like my boring anonymous life these days :)

I swear I've got to get up there someday if just to hang out and swap stories for an afternoon. 

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 11:17:26 PM »

The guy from Marshall Tucker was a squaddie in AW.  I don't believe he made the change to AH as he was slowing down in AW at the end.  Great guy though.  Went by +Sax in AW.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »
Isn't a bad idea to put this in here? If there are "famous" people playing, they probably enjoy a little bit of not being recognised.  They're toolshedders or hotards along with the rest.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »
:cheers: 
Many years ago I couldn't go out of the house without running into somebody saying 'hey I know you from whatever club I was working at at the time. 

That said your work is pretty much forever and awesome (watch that ankle). What I did back then was more along the lines of 'hey yall I'll play the tunes while you folks get drunk, hook up, and have a great night you barely remember'.  Wasn't a bad life.  Free booze, I got to pick the music, and all the women I could ea.. um.. read bible stories to.   :uhoh

I swear I've got to get up there someday if just to hang out and swap stories for an afternoon. 

:rofl :rofl...Bible stories  :rofl :rofl

ya man that would be a good time. :rock

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »

You and me both.  I've done some pretty stupid and some pretty dangerous things in my life.  Never got caught, fortunately.  Wife and two beautiful daughters now, the oldest is 16 and wants to go to the Air Force Academy (and has the brains and motivation to do it).

I've followed a wild and odd path in life, but I'm perfectly happy to quietly live it now.  Enjoying everything that God has graced me with...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder