Author Topic: Skip the Hunger Games  (Read 666 times)

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
Re: Skip the Hunger Games
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
I love to eat food and games, so I'll probably check it out. Does the movie share some of the recipes? :O

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
I remember a saying about a book, a cover, and something about not judging it.

of course but the real trick is to do it without judging the person that judged a book by the cover. :devil
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »
of course but the real trick is to do it without judging the person that judged a book by the cover. :devil

I never judged.  :ahand

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:12 PM »
I never judged.  :ahand

I never judge out loud. Life is much funnier this way. :devil

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
The book was meant to be for a younger crowd, but attracted a broader group of readers. I haven't read nor seen the movie, but I do know that about it. It may explain some opinions about one dimensional characters, etc. The author didn't want it going of the heads of squeakers.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
After seeing the Hunger Games I said to my self,"I wanna use a bow". I'll probably be a punk and use a crossbow.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »
After seeing the Hunger Games I said to my self,"I wanna use a bow". I'll probably be a punk and use a crossbow.

If I ever take a trip to the UK, I'm gonna have Batfink teach me how to use a bow...  :D

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
I actually saw this with some fellow (but much younger) college students at Purdue this past weekend.  I liked it, but they liked it a lot more, except for one guy who said they butchered it compared to the book.  I haven't read the book, haven't read or seen Harry Potter (except I saw half of the first movie on TV), no Twilight or whatever else Hunger Games can be compared to.  So in that regard, I'm a clean slate.

I thought the actors were indistinguishable in age from college students, even if they were supposed to be high school aged.  I thought Woody Harrelson was really good.  I thought the female lead was pretty good, but she didn't look strong enough to do some of what she did (but not nearly as bad as all the waif-fu movies you see).  That said the girl in True Grit was 10x better.  I thought the male lead was so-so.  I thought the plot had some serious problems that my college-aged friends who had read the book explained away as the result of the book being simplistic and aimed at 13 year olds.

All in all I thought it was good but not great.  From the sales numbers people are quoting, expect 2-5 sequels.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown