Author Topic: Resupply Convoys  (Read 730 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Resupply Convoys
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »
Do the resupply convoys still run?  Is it still possible to delay rebuilding at a base by killing the trucks?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Resupply Convoys
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Yes, they do. They supply the base functions supplied by factories - AAA Factory (auto guns/ack), Ammo Factory (ordnance), Training Facility (barracks/troops), Fuel Refinery and Radar Factory.

One load reduces rebuild time by 30 minutes. Destroying half the convoy or barges reducesthat load to just 15 minutes reduction of rebuild time.

They don't affect hangers, manned guns or town buildings.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:51:29 PM by Rolex »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »
 :headscratch: Does that mean if you destroy the re-supply trucks coming into a town, you can prevent it from popping?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:57 PM »
Supply convoys supply the base, not the town. All you can do is slow down the repair rate of the base objects that Rolex mentioned.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:16:45 PM »
Supply convoys supply the base, not the town. All you can do is slow down the repair rate of the base objects that Rolex mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification. :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »
 :rock :rock Ilove sitting on a road shooting a convoy. If I dont kill all of them , they flip you over :) :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »
By the by, without supplies of any kind, downtime is 2 hours. With full "auto" supply(no player-dropped boxes), I believe downtime is 45 minutes. That only applies to objects that have a factory associated with them.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
Thanks.  I just came back after being out of the game for a few months, and I hadn't seen a supply convoy yet.

Yes, they do. They supply the base functions supplied by factories - AAA Factory (auto guns/ack), Ammo Factory (ordnance), Training Facility (barracks/troops), Fuel Refinery and Radar Factory.

One load reduces rebuild time by 30 minutes. Destroying half the convoy or barges reducesthat load to just 15 minutes reduction of rebuild time.

They don't affect hangers, manned guns or town buildings.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
Thanks.  I just came back after being out of the game for a few months, and I hadn't seen a supply convoy yet.

Look for the road leading out of the side of the base. It'll go a few miles before ending in a shack, which is where they spawn every few minutes. Sometimes they're replaced by barges for coastal bases.

They're much harder to spot now that they don't wander across the runways. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
I just followed one for a couple of miles down the road.  Pretty cool to follow the convoy across the countryside and watch the windmills turning in the breeze.

Thanks, HTC for the detail you've put in this imaginary world.   :cheers:

Look for the road leading out of the side of the base. It'll go a few miles before ending in a shack, which is where they spawn every few minutes. Sometimes they're replaced by barges for coastal bases.

They're much harder to spot now that they don't wander across the runways. :D
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com