Author Topic: maintenance window  (Read 4087 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: maintenance window
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »

I'm too likeable...  :)

:old: Have to do something to have spirited enemies for interesting fights.

:airplane: :mad: - - - - - - - - - - - :airplane: :D  :joystick:

:D

Angry people sometimes make less worthy opponents. Consider this:-

"Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student." — Bruce Lee

Rattling an opponent was a technique Mr. Muhammad Ali employed  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
How do you know Midway isn't rude or uncivil to people in game if you, by your own admission, do not tune to channel 200?  :old:

I saw plenty of his 200 antics before I stopped tuning in :) Annoying, sure, uncivil and disrespectful? no. deliberately antagonising, maybe. It simply speaks volumes of the thin skin and large egos (not to mention mob mentality) of those who got angry with him and attacked him following his perfectly pitched trolls.

It would be a strawman if Midway didn't go around antagonising people into disliking him deliberately. In other words he is at least as culpable as those with whom he takes issue. But thanks for playing Mr. Coombz  :lol

Sorry, even if true (and I'm not convinced it is, he certainly never caused me to dislike him deliberately, and he's shot me down fairly many times and HO'd me a couple as well) this just isn't the same as 'violating people's right to be treated with civility'. Perhaps I should also have accused you of hyperbole as well as a strawman argument  :aok

Perhaps you could fairly accuse him of violating people's right to treat others with civility, because he sends them into such a frothing rage that they just can't help but be disrespectul and uncivil to him :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:15:29 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »

:D

Angry people sometimes make less worthy opponents. Consider this:-

"Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student." — Bruce Lee

Rattling an opponent was a technique Mr. Muhammad Ali employed  :old:

:O Quoting the great Bruce Lee.... of course I should have expected that...  you are indeed wise beyond what I had thought. :huh

Perhaps I should listen more, but my ability to shoot you down prevents me, for now. :headscratch:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:17:56 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
...this just isn't the same as 'violating people's right to be treated with civility'.

That's a matter of opinion.

Perhaps I should also have accused you of hyperbole as well as a strawman argument  :aok

Well why wouldn't you? Waiting for someone to act and then criticising it is what I like to call a 'Coombzy attack'.  :neener:

:O Quoting the great Bruce Lee.... of course I should have expected that...  you are indeed wise beyond what I had thought. :huh

Perhaps I should listen more, but my ability to shoot you down prevents me, for now. :headscratch:

Perhaps I could earn your respect if we had a friendly Spitfire Mark IX duelling session Midway?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
Well I'm hardly going to attack or argue with you before you've said anything :headscratch: to quote Conky "I'm not an impossibilist" :lol

And no, it's not a matter of opinion...in no universe imaginable is Midway 'violating people's right to be treated with civility'.

As I said before he has some faults but being rude or uncivil to other players simply isn't among them...in fact it's probably the fact that he winds people up without resorting to name calling or outright disrespect that makes him so infuriating to some people
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »

Perhaps I could earn your respect if we had a friendly Spitfire Mark IX duelling session Midway?

I already respect you much.  :salute :rock    I'll be glad to fight you in MA in spit9s.  Just let me know when you're in game. :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Well I'm hardly going to attack or argue with you before you've said anything :headscratch: to quote Conky "I'm not an impossibilist" :lol

And no, it's not a matter of opinion...in no universe imaginable is Midway 'violating people's right to be treated with civility'.

As I said before he has some faults but being rude or uncivil to other players simply isn't among them...in fact it's probably the fact that he winds people up without resorting to name calling or outright disrespect that makes him so infuriating to some people

Yes you are absolutely right about everything.

I don't fly the Spit 9 in the MA Midway, it's unpossible. DA in secret for a set of friendlies. Come on, it'll be a laugh. You can even come on the GFC's Vent as a guest. If you're really lucky you might get to hear Zack talk about savoury meat products.  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »
Yes you are absolutely right about everything.

I don't fly the Spit 9 in the MA Midway, it's unpossible. DA in secret for a set of friendlies. Come on, it'll be a laugh. You can even come on the GFC's Vent as a guest. If you're really lucky you might get to hear Zack talk about savoury meat products.  :old:

Ok, but no need for the Vent.  Just let me know when you are online. :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 05:12:45 PM »
Ok, but no need for the Vent.  Just let me know when you are online. :)

What is Midway's trepidation regarding the DA?  I've flown against him there many, many times....Midway?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
What is Midway's trepidation regarding the DA?  I've flown against him there many, many times....Midway?

It's not fun (for me).... very sterile boring environment.... no variety.  Much more fun to run into people in MA at varying altitudes, headings, suprised by whether the pilot is good, or learning, or an expert.... suprised or knowing others may be around and create 2 or 3 v 1s.... unknown E states when icon vis...,  etc...

I like to have fun.  :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
It's not fun (for me).... very sterile boring environment.... no variety.  Much more fun to run into people in MA at varying altitudes, headings, suprised by whether the pilot is good, or learning, or an expert.... suprised or knowing others may be around and create 2 or 3 v 1s.... unknown E states when icon vis...,  etc...

I like to have fun.  :banana: :banana: :banana:

So there is always an excuse available?  Just asking...Sterile makes for skillful fights with no interruptions and no shenanigans from uninterested, uninvited 3rd, 4th and 5th parties. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
getting back to the original post Bruv or Debrody i would really enjoy some training in the ki84 or any plane for that matter
tired of getting smacked around all the time....sigh...<S>

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:36 AM »
I thought Bruv's original topic was to start a random conversation since the servers were down.

Midway, you know when you talk about shooting people down, you do factor in things like energy, positions, numbers, plane types, situation, etcetera right? Or do you get a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction regardless?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2012, 01:41:51 AM »
getting back to the original post Bruv or Debrody i would really enjoy some training in the ki84 or any plane for that matter
tired of getting smacked around all the time....sigh...<S>
Sure, Sir, when i get unmuted, like 5 days.
Whats your in-game name, please?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »
I thought Bruv's original topic was to start a random conversation since the servers were down.

Midway, you know when you talk about shooting people down, you do factor in things like energy, positions, numbers, plane types, situation, etcetera right? Or do you get a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction regardless?

It's just fun to fight, win or lose, regardless of the situation. :)

More fun to win, if the pilot is very good and had an advantage of some sort   :D

Even more fun if they hate losing and start PMing or crying on 200.   :banana:

Most fun if it's 2 or 3 v me and I win.   :x

Less fun if they run home and I can't catch them.   :frown:

Especially fun if they shot me down, head home, I reup and catch them as they try to land my scalp.  :neener:

:devil