Author Topic: Aircraft repair and refuel and rearm  (Read 1417 times)

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
Re: Aircraft repair and refuel and rearm
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
SYSTEM: PLAYER1 landed 25 victories over 6 sorties
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
I would not have said that.

I would have said something similar to ,I would not implement this, unless the repair would count as a sortie, just like exiting and starting a new sortie.

HiTech
This is a GREAT game and for 50 cents a day, this is a steal for entertainment! There are some of us USAF, Navy and Marine and Army veterans who would like to think of this as more than a game! That's why I have made several suggestions on adding realism to the game. I admit that it will always be 2 dimensional and will never be just like the real thing, but: there are number of things which can be done to really improve the looks of game! Example, in over 22,000 hours of flight time, I have never seen a airport with no aircraft sitting on the ramp or in the hangars! There are "dumbie" ships sitting at the ports, which of course are there for looks only, so why not aircraft sitting at airports? How about a rotating beacon during twilight hours on top of the control tower? I realize the game is aimed at air to air combat, but in the real world of aviation and military flying, there is a whole lot more to see and explore, if a person is really interested in enjoying this GREAT, GREAT combat sim!!!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »
Please. Please make it stop.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »
I would not have said that.

I would have said something similar to ,I would not implement this, unless the repair would count as a sortie, just like exiting and starting a new sortie.

HiTech

This HiTech guy always posting on OUR boards.... tsk tsk.....   he's never in the arena flying.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
This HiTech guy always posting on OUR boards.... tsk tsk.....   he's never in the arena flying.  :D
He can't get in, he keeps misspelling his password.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »
He can't get in, he keeps misspelling his password.

Oh no he didn't!  ::rainbow snap, sideways head smiley::

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
This is a GREAT game and for 50 cents a day, this is a steal for entertainment! There are some of us USAF, Navy and Marine and Army veterans who would like to think of this as more than a game! That's why I have made several suggestions on adding realism to the game. I admit that it will always be 2 dimensional and will never be just like the real thing, but: there are number of things which can be done to really improve the looks of game! Example, in over 22,000 hours of flight time, I have never seen a airport with no aircraft sitting on the ramp or in the hangars! There are "dumbie" ships sitting at the ports, which of course are there for looks only, so why not aircraft sitting at airports? How about a rotating beacon during twilight hours on top of the control tower? I realize the game is aimed at air to air combat, but in the real world of aviation and military flying, there is a whole lot more to see and explore, if a person is really interested in enjoying this GREAT, GREAT combat sim!!!

+1

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 01:47:24 AM »
One of the biggest bonuses I was so excited to see in AH after AW3 was the ability to rearm.

You can say it's all about score, which is fine.  But for me It's an awesome challenge to see just how far I can push it.  A standard for me that it wickedly fun to try to beat.  How many kills can I get in a streak??  That's one of my favorite features of AH.

My best is 25 kills landed in a tempest twice.  I got 18 in a 262 and a 110G once each, but I got shot down.  All required multiple rearms for me.

Sometimes you get a ton of kills in one sortie...sometimes not so much due to fuel ammo, and available targets. 

Regardless It's one of the most brilliant aspects of AH for me, a way for me to set a goal that can be unlimited (in theory)  Which is a hell of alot of fun to practice. 

So why complain about it just because you do not fly that way?  You can land, and immediately re-upif you want to.  I'd rather up a flyable aircraft again risking my perk bonus to see how many more kills I can get.  And do it again if I can :)  Thats fun for me.

Dont get all  :ahand because you landed 5 kills in a sortie and I only got 5 in three sorties.  No one is detracting from what you did, which IS what you are saying.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »
   I just want a can of stop leak for my FW-190d's Radiator on the rearm pad.    That is all.  :D

Rearming bombs on a field that just had the ord taken down is not realistic but helpful sometimes.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »
This is a GREAT game and for 50 cents a day, this is a steal for entertainment!

Heya earl1937............... absolutely...... one seriously can not find a cheaper version of an adrenaline rush, for sure...

There are some of us USAF, Navy and Marine and Army veterans who would like to think of this as more than a game! That's why I have made several suggestions on adding realism to the game.

I admit that it will always be 2 dimensional

you have to be talking about the scenery here, and scenery only...... if you are speaking 2 dimensional......... because there is nothing 2 dimensional about the actual air combat in Aces High, it is in fact in 3 dimensions, ( only thing missing is the seat of the pants feel of the G's in use )  thinking you are fighting in 2 dimensional environment will only hurt your overall skill...... my thoughts anyhows

I realize the game is aimed at air to air combat, but in the real world of aviation and military flying, there is a whole lot more to see and explore, if a person is really interested in enjoying this GREAT, GREAT combat sim!!!

I might be the only one who thinks like the following....... but seriously I am not concerned about what their is to see or explore while I am in a confrontation/dog fight/duel while playing this game...... however, my main concern is

-how much E do I have ( compared to him(her)
-what are my strengths/weaknesses verse his(her) aircraft
-ok, that window of opportunity for me to reverse the role of defense to offense is fixing to start when?

and so forth......

I know people love eye candy, hell they been hollering more eye candy for over 20 yrs in games like these...... but for some of us, the game is so much more than how beautiful the scenery looks for me to go exploring

my apologys if I sound a lil ruff in conveying my thoughts on the matter

I do however like hitech's post..of if you hit the landingstrip regardless if you rearm, etc..... the sortie ends..... ( not his actual words per say...... )

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AirLynx

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
I would just like it if some of those bullet holes on the windscreen would disappear after rearming.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »
I would just like it if some of those bullet holes on the windscreen would disappear after rearming.

Naw, just duct tape over em.

Offline AirLynx

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »
Naw, just duct tape over em.
HiTech, give me duct tape or give me death!

Offline Hotrod1

• Zinc Member
      • 666th Barbarian FG
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »
Rearm pad at a V base??
"We are surrounded, that simplifies our problem"

Offline AustinAustin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
+1