Author Topic: Toggle range off/on?  (Read 336 times)

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
Toggle range off/on?
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »
  Has this been added?  I recall seeing something about it on the forums a while back.  Seems that some people like to chat A LOT on range channel.  Sometimes when in a tank, you need to be able to hear the bad guys coming.  I know you can add individuals to your squelch list(how many can be on it?).

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Re: Toggle range off/on?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:48:06 PM »
Man, I hear ya... a couple of times, one of our squad leaders has asked politely for people to cut the range chatter because it just gets insane...  it is such a relief sometimes to get out of range haha... has to be a nightmare in a GV sometimes.

But, on the other hand, chatting it up with friendlies makes the game... for me, anyway
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »
+ 1 for a toggle. Sometimes range and squad vox gets so cluttered i cant hear myself think.

what about making range one of the vox channels? That way you can only be tuned and communicate through one channel at a time.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
Honestly, I wish you could toggle Range off for JUST the GV guys on the ground.  When I am flying a fighter over a GV "fight", the incessant babble of the GV guys gets pretty annoying after awhile.

"I hit him 87 times"
"89"
"90"
"91"

"Supps?"
"Supps anyone?"
"I need supps."
"Can somebody bring me some Supps?"

"Here come the #^%$$^# bomb&^%$!"

"Upper"
"Dead"
"Upper"
"Dead"
"Upper"
"Dead"

It goes on and on and on....

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
Have a red "R" in a small box or some other static UI icon illuminate in the VOX highlight corner when the mute is toggled on so we know why things are so quiet.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.