Author Topic: Help for computer "Dumbies"(like me)  (Read 524 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Help for computer "Dumbies"(like me)
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »
I have a suggestion about something which I think would help AH members! I started to build a "Thunderstorm" in the cloud editor, but alas, I had no "terrain" to build the TS over. How about some of you guys who know more about computers and editors when you are asleep than I do when I am awake, build some different terrains for people like me to play with and try our hand at improving a already great, great game. In the Southwest Pacific area and other areas of the world, thunderstorms are a everyday occurrence which pilots have to deal with. I just think it would add some "realism" to the game and as in real life, if a big boomer is sitting over the top of your in tented target, then you have to divert to your alternate target. I know everybody is going to say, "you can't make rain" in AH, but maybe the boomer hasn't reached maturity stage yet.(that's when they produce rain, most of the time). Maybe if we just had some towering Cb's in here would be enough to add some "challenges" to just flying in here, instead of flying around in a mostly cloudless sky, looking for some poor dumb fighter pilot to get a "kill" on. I realize this is not a "flight simulator" for real pilots, but there is a vast potential membership out there, looking for something which is a reflection of the real world of flying! Any suggestions on this idea?
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Help for computer "Dumbies"(like me)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
Just build a small, mostly ocean terrain with one island to have have an airbase on http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_quick_and_dirty_terrain_to_fly_offline

Then you can experiment with the cloud editor and test it on your terrain.