Author Topic: Armchair Jerks  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Re: Armchair Jerks
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
Let the GV people have their fun......
  :noid
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2012, 10:52:56 AM »
Let the GV people have their fun......

Honestly I'm tired of this stuff. You shouldnt bomb them, cant see them now until your on top of them, shouldn't shoot at them, shouldnt be able to F3 them, shouldnt attack THEIR bases, and now shouldnt attack the enemy bases that are spawning in easy targets for them to rack up phony spawn kills so they can preen with their silly kill counts.

Remind me? This IS a flight game isnt it? Cripes!
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »
Honestly I'm tired of this stuff. You shouldnt bomb them, cant see them now until your on top of them, shouldn't shoot at them, shouldnt be able to F3 them, shouldnt attack THEIR bases, and now shouldnt attack the enemy bases that are spawning in easy targets for them to rack up phony spawn kills so they can preen with their silly kill counts.

High fidelity flight simulation is the heart of Aces High but it doesn't end there.  A war rages on the ground and at sea.  Engage enemy armor in tank combat.  Protect your fleet as a gunner or make a torpedo run in a PT boat.  Lead an assault in an amphibious vehicle.
But still I agree on most of what you said. Just not the final statement.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
The behavior I see in the film is a large squadron dictating to others how to play.  Yes, as people pointed out the language used by members of COH wasn't nice but then they were pushed to it by your squadron basically telling them that you're going to screw them over by destroying their GV fight.  

From my point of view, the problem wasn't the guys in the GVs but rather you and your squadron.  So yes, you are correct in that we don't need the attitudes of you and your squadron since it's obvious you guys will not allow anyone else to play other than how you want them to play.  

It's not just your squadron's timid, limp wristed flying and tactics that the community doesn't like, it's the attitude of "you must play like we say" that has made the community think you're nothing but a squadron of 'tards.

ack-ack

There was enough of them in the air to keep three or four opponents in planes busy. Too bad none were there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
There was enough of them in the air to keep three or four opponents in planes busy. Too bad none were there.

If they were...the brave attackers would be elsewhere.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2012, 12:06:39 PM »

In typical Richie fashion, you completely miss the point.  This isn't about killing GVs, this is about one squadron dictating to others how they should play.  Pay attention next time Richie, it gets tiring having to explain things slowly to you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »
In typical Richie fashion, you completely miss the point.  This isn't about killing GVs, this is about one squadron dictating to others how they should play.  Pay attention next time Richie, it gets tiring having to explain things slowly to you.

ack-ack

So...

Are you trying to tell me that we do not have to follow the orders of vDallas all of the time?

Why the hell aren't I notified about these things?  :furious
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
You consider this a personal attack?  I thought he was showing us what an armchair jerk is, using his squad as a working model.  Leading by example...

Tried to stay outta this but......        Thats funny! :rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »
Sigh .