Author Topic: Jabo'ing  (Read 1420 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
Re: Jabo'ing
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »
I use the second sight from the right on the second row in my F4U-1D/C/-4.  I rarely jabo in my -1/1A

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 11:27:05 AM »
Here is a gunsight i made for dive bombing it works well for me with the pony and the jug. im sure it will work with other planes as well just havent tried it with em yet.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
I enjoy jabo'ing in the stuka with the 3 bomb loadout. Its a lot of fun to fly over an enemy vbase in a sector with equal air to air con numbers, role over and dive straight down with my siren wailing (usranger's sound pack) and pull out at low level on the verge of blacking out with 3 kills showing in the text buffer. Hussle back to base, land, re-arm, repeat.    :cheers:
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 12:55:02 PM »
Oh yeah, heavy Pony or Jug.  Smack a couple of GV's, rocket some guns down and kill some airplanes.  It's the total experience! :aok

Well said!

BTW those sights are awesome!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline auscar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 05:59:09 PM »
Interesting looking at the different techniques. All similar but different.

Technique for a hangar in a P51D (favourite Jabo ride)
salvo set to 6 and rockets selected
I come in at anywhere from 10 - 15k (15k takes a little more speed management on the dive)
Commence  approx 45 degree dive and throttle back
I control speed to around 450mph
At about 2k I fire rockets aiming at the top of the roof line for the hangar
I hit back space twice to select bombs and dip the nose so I'm aiming at the base of the hangar where it meets the ground
I release bombs (time between rocket release and bomb release is probably less than a second).
Pull nose level take evasive manoeuvres if needed then hit wep and start climbing.
99.9% of the time the hangar is down and you are back up around 7k to start a fight with any nme cons. If a lot of cons around don't bother climbing just hit the deck and run as fast as you can :)

Cheers Kiwi
Oh how I've changed I was Auscar, then rtAuscar but now I'm just a Kiwi with a 1.

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
introducing the real!! OAKTREE

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
Interesting looking at the different techniques. All similar but different.

Technique for a hangar in a P51D (favourite Jabo ride)
salvo set to 6 and rockets selected
I come in at anywhere from 10 - 15k (15k takes a little more speed management on the dive)
Commence  approx 45 degree dive and throttle back
I control speed to around 450mph
At about 2k I fire rockets aiming at the top of the roof line for the hangar
I hit back space twice to select bombs and dip the nose so I'm aiming at the base of the hangar where it meets the ground
I release bombs (time between rocket release and bomb release is probably less than a second).
Pull nose level take evasive manoeuvres if needed then hit wep and start climbing.
99.9% of the time the hangar is down and you are back up around 7k to start a fight with any nme cons. If a lot of cons around don't bother climbing just hit the deck and run as fast as you can :)

Cheers Kiwi

One slight modification for me...stay low until out of the ack and 1.5-2k from field then go vertical. IMO  :salute But Big YES! to your plan.  :aok
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »
I enjoy taking out GVs with the Jug.   :aok
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS