Author Topic: "Cristoforo Colombo egg"  (Read 2476 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: "Cristoforo Colombo egg"
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »
Perked mobile kitchen ?

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
OK first question - are you a girl yourself?  Your choice of name would suggest you are but not necessarily.....  I am... well a woman, girl would be pushing it.  :D  Anyway, girls can do whatever they like, and there is no reason why they would not do any of the activities available!  I personally mostly fly bombers because I am not very good in fighters - but there are and have been quite a few female fighter pilots who can give most a men some serious competition.  I am willing to learn though.  :)  I also enjoy GVs, field and ship guns as well as some capturing/resupplying either by C47 or GV.  Aces High is whatever you make it regardless of gender.   :aok

Flossy, apparently I play exactly the same way you do... for exactly the same reasons...  :salute

Also, as far as barmpots like lulu are concerned...  you can crack wise all you want, but at the end of the day, who is the poser...

You...

Or her?

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline hawkeyeluke13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »
Guys did we have piss off all the gals, dang, now  they are going to recuirt more of themselves into the game. Guys we have screwed our selves over on this one. Someone sound retreat.

BTW, as a parting shot, maybe we need to have the gals on here their own little figure on the game, maybe dress their charcter pilots as pinups and maybe they could work the pole for us when we land our perkies. I'am deep crap for this one.

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
 I know what Girls can do. They can wash and Wax the Aircraft on the flight line since they almost all have experience with waxing the Bikini Line, right?

-or-

Make 'em Aircraft painters and mechanics. Pink is hard to see at distance anyway- well According to the Admiralty to the royal Navy in World War II

Just sayin'  :lol :bolt:

Seriously Girl Pilots rock.
Yes there is a Huge learning curve in flying. It starts on Take off and ends on the glide slope for landing. In short The grade arc is the difference you take between being in the sky or in a mountainside.

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »
Perked mobile kitchen ?

so this perked based on the amount of "meals served" rather than kills? I can see the golden arches now... :x
Yes there is a Huge learning curve in flying. It starts on Take off and ends on the glide slope for landing. In short The grade arc is the difference you take between being in the sky or in a mountainside.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by some of these comments.....it doesn't surprise me that men have a hard time understanding that some women can find interest in some of the same things they may like...i for one have many interests that the men do...i was raised in a small town, there weren't many things to do as a teen. We either found something to do or got into trouble. I chose to find something to do which included riding ATV's, motorcycles, playing football, baseball, basketball, camping, fishing, and even ice fishing in the winter. In my neighborhood it was myself and my 3 cousins which were girls, the rest of the neighborhood were boys, so we either learned to like sports and stuff or we ended up bored out of our minds. I grew up a "tom boy". I learned to work on cars, yep, thats right, I can build any SB or BB Chevy engine, I can rebuild a 350 Turbro Transmission and i can install a shift kit if I wanted to. I can rebuild carbs and put in lift kits in a truck. I can change my own oil as well as my own tires. IF there isnt something that I can't do, then I learn how to do it. I'm a gear head...I have a need for speed and believe that you can NEVER have too much horsepower *Tim Allen grunt*. Sooooo...the next time any of you boys wanna "just assume" that girls can't enjoy the same things as the guys....why don't you find something else more creative to think about before you say something you might end up lookin silly for later on.

btw..in AH...I'm a fighter Pilot and I keel you!!!!! Fear my Typhoon O' Doom!!!! NEVER under estimate me cuz I'm a girl, NEVER take it easy on me cuz I'm a girl, and surely watch your six when I'm on cuz I surely will be lurking in the shadows waiting for the right moment to swoop in and make you my next victim!!!

<<S>>

ohhhhhhh and yes...I am a REAL girl...I have met MANY fellow AH'ers in real life at gatherings....
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:57 AM »
guys (and gals) there is already a solution in place and has been for quite some time now. Talk to Tongs about joinging the Airborne Kitchen Utensils!   :D

He's been recruiting for another wing called the First Armored Handcraft Division...

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by some of these comments.....it doesn't surprise me that men have a hard time understanding that some women can find interest in some of the same things they may like...i for one have many interests that the men do...i was raised in a small town, there weren't many things to do as a teen. We either found something to do or got into trouble. I chose to find something to do which included riding ATV's, motorcycles, playing football, baseball, basketball, camping, fishing, and even ice fishing in the winter. In my neighborhood it was myself and my 3 cousins which were girls, the rest of the neighborhood were boys, so we either learned to like sports and stuff or we ended up bored out of our minds. I grew up a "tom boy". I learned to work on cars, yep, thats right, I can build any SB or BB Chevy engine, I can rebuild a 350 Turbro Transmission and i can install a shift kit if I wanted to. I can rebuild carbs and put in lift kits in a truck. I can change my own oil as well as my own tires. IF there isnt something that I can't do, then I learn how to do it. I'm a gear head...I have a need for speed and believe that you can NEVER have too much horsepower *Tim Allen grunt*. Sooooo...the next time any of you boys wanna "just assume" that girls can't enjoy the same things as the guys....why don't you find something else more creative to think about before you say something you might end up lookin silly for later on.
Wow, Betty, you certainly are a woman of many talents - good on you!  ;)  I have never been as involved as you in those things, but I have always been interested in all of my husband's hobbies - often disappointed when he discontinues some of them after a while.  When I met him, he was a radio amateur and it wasn't long before I was going to the local club with him and eventually taking my Radio Amateur's Exam and becoming a radio amateur myself (G4FHA but not currently active). He has always been interested in computers over the years and I remember helping him to build one by identifying the components and fitting them onto a circuit board ready for him to solder.  Over the years he has been intermittently interested in radio-controlled models and I have often helped with the building of them, usually aircraft.  Just last weekend I spent a day helping him to build another model powered glider, and I often go to watch and video his flights. Through my husband I have taken a more serious interest in photography, soon noticing that the 'snaps' I took with my 'instamatic' were far inferior to his proper SLR camera photos.  These are just a few examples of how I have become interested in my husband's pastimes. He used to play Air Warrior which also captured my interest when he said he thought he was going to be invited to a squad one night - I remember watching and thinking how I hadn't realised there was so much to AW as he went into the Officers' Club and from there to Cz HQ and then to one of the airfields marked on the map..... and the rest, as they say, is history!  (Where's that pink plane?  Oh well this will have to do....)   :airplane:  
ohhhhhhh and yes...I am a REAL girl...I have met MANY fellow AH'ers in real life at gatherings....
Same here.... I've been to 4 UK AW conventions and 2 US AH conventions during my 14 years.   :cheers:

Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »
That is awesome Flossy!! I can honestly say that my ex husband left the game on one day...it peaked my interest as I used to watch him fly. So I figured I would try it. I had always beeb a gamer and after watching him play I got the idea of it. After I got my first kill it was over...I was hooked! I learned in steps though...I would get kills..run out of ammo..crash my plane..get a new one ..rince and repeat. Then I learned to land lol. After we split up I kept the accout and changed the name to my name...the rest is history lol
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
How about a girl's night, or a girl's ladder challenge? Guys, I can't believe a one of you ain't married, or learned the lesson yet...:)
We think like men, and in here, testosterone rules. We could also do mixed doubles,, there are more options, I'm just old and have a short attention span.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
Yes I make sexist statements. I make them deliberately to draw ire, but it's done in total jest and with the up most respect for the Female gender. I have seen what capable women can do. I have also witnessed the temper tantrum of a male who refuses to accept that women can do the same job he does, do it better or as efficiently as he can.  It's as demeaning for me, a male, to watch as the statements he makes are. I drew his ire when I pointed out it was just his ego talking.

I have have been out performed in Game by a 12 year old girl who was the master of the Energy Sword on Halo and on my favorite map. She is my "adopted" niece. I have been out scored on the qualification range by a female Medic using an M-4. She scored Hawk eye 40/40, and me a measly 23- no I can't shoot. That same Female went on to participate in the Battle of Fallujah in 2004. My 1SG found out the hard way that you just do not tell a woman she can't do what she knows she can do nor do you call Women the "weaker sex" even with the best intentions.

Betty, you may or may not remember me (it doesn't really matter) but I have spent a few nights watching you rack up kills or level a base/Carrier by watching notices in the chat box, being in your vicinity, or being on your "wing". You were actually the 1st female pilot I met when I started playing Aces High back in 2000. You have always had my up most respect.

In any case I just felt I needed to clarify myself.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 05:26:42 PM »
I haven't taken any bases or sunk carriers in so long...wow...them were the says...running missions with nikis and 110s taking 2 bases at a time....that was so fun! I can honestly say the last mission I had ran was the Historic Bomber Mission that I ran 29 sets of B24's into the side of a hill cuz it was my first bomber mission and we came out of a hanger.....no one will EVER let me live that down!!! I still to this day hear about that one and "how funny it was!!!". I have to admit it was pretty hilarious after the fact but at the time it was an "oopsie" lol...There was one night I sank 9 CV's with B24s also...Plissken taught me how to bomb carriers, that was fun :)

After all that I turned into a fighter pilot....started flying my typhoon all the time and trying to get good in it. I strive to do the best I can in it. My biggest goal was to get as good as Kermit in that thing...I almost got it but never quite got that close. He is an amazing stick. I just wish I had more time to fly these days....
~~~The Killuminati~~~