Author Topic: Woo! Got my first internship!  (Read 802 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Woo! Got my first internship!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
Isn't that the company that had a gas line leak and explode in a neighborhood?  Gas companys hire college students to walk the large underground right of ways around here during the summer.

PG&E is I think the largest energy utility (electricity and natural gas) provider this side of the Mississipi.  You are correct, but I find it amusing, it's like saying "The ocean - isn't that where the navy sank a ship?".
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
PG&E probably has the best watt/btu delivered safety record in the USA.  I work about 10 miles from the port of Catoosa, it's the furthest inland navigable port in the USA.  Their is a nitrogen fertilizer plant and it uses nat gas as a raw ingredient, and lots of it.  The port and ng line was laid during the early 70's.  I'm sure the reason they are running a new pipe through my property is a direct result of the PG&E explosion.  While talking to the land man, he said soon as the new line was in operation, the pressure would be lowered in the old one for residential use.  It's just a shame that it had to happened in a residential area for the industry to care or change.  leaks usually happen in the cross country areas, and nothing seems to be done, but fixing the leak.  Mexico had a real bad one happen.  Around here, some idiots hot tap those cross country line to supply gas for their homes.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 12:28:47 AM »
PG&E probably has the best watt/btu delivered safety record in the USA. 

Cool, I didn't know that. yeah, you are correct, its a shame that peoples houses had to burn up to encourage change.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)