Author Topic: What gets your adrenaline pumping in AH?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: What gets your adrenaline pumping in AH?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 10:17:06 PM »
In a scenario, when all those specks of dust on your monitor start moving, and you're trying to identify them, and you're making sure your group's not too spread out, and checking the map for any potential reinforcements and checking escape routes, then the specks turn into planes, and you see them wingover, and you know not everyone's going to make it home to fly again.

Yea. :t :rock
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »
Branch brought this up the other night, and I agree. This is basically what happened to us (VF-17) on Friday.

Those late-frame fights in FSO, where only maybe 20-30 guys per side are still alive, and they're all the best pilots. You expand your patrol to find some action, and find a friendly base flashing. Your section leader decides to go for it, just the three of you, to find out what it is. You find two cons lower than you, and decide to press the advantage. You start mixing it up, pushing lower and lower, when before you know it, you are surrounded by 12-15 high cons, outnumbered 4 to 1. The nearest help is a sector and a half away, and for the next ten minutes all you can do to survive is break and extend. You have lost the initiative in a matter of seconds, and you cannot escape the frenzied pursuers. However as the outcome is looking more and more bleak, you see three flights of friendly fighters who were redirected to help you. Pretty soon, you drive off the attackers and gain superiority once more.

When you emerge from the worst possible situation in FSO without so much as a scratch, that gets the blood pumping
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »
I stopped flying FSO when I found the bandits incoming far away from everybody else and couldn't get out a call on vox because it was completely clogged with guys saying "we should be seeing bandits soon" or "how much fuel do you have".

I stopped to type it because of the clogged up vox and oversped my airplane while diving on the 20 or so sitting duck mossies.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
Can you get shot down in that ?
It's the only thing you can get shot down in and still get your name in lights :P
:furious :furious BAR...my hero! QUAH!!!  :rock :rock :rock
:rofl :rofl :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
cruising along in a ponyB at 10 k and see a running 262 on the deck running, ROLLING in a and seeing a closing rate within 1000yards  BOOYA! :banana: :joystick:
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »
the white knuckle, stick yanking and twisting, sweat falling on keyboard, cant even take a swig of beer, fart and you just lost concentration kinda fights that happen once in a blue moon...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 12:08:20 AM »
shortly after i say to myself "this guy might actually know what he's doing". 
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
"NOE Lancs A114"
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
Logging off.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
Flying any bomber NOE.

Flying a Zeke and shooting down a Corsair.  Flying a Corsair and shooting down anything that my bullets connect with.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?