Author Topic: House broken into.  (Read 3223 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: House broken into.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
I'd use pistols in close.

Same here, although I do have a double barreled 12 guage coach gun which is short enough to be easy to move with in a close space.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline TheAssi

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »
You guys are a bunch of badasses.

They would skip my house because I keep a light on.

If they didn't, I'd stop them with a broom. 

If there were too many of them, I'd escape on my scooter.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »

Good luck with that. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hawkeyeluke13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »
If you know how to work a gun in close quaters , splice your corners right , some body is in for a bad surprise, the rounds i use will not penetrate  my house walls, and if they do they will lose their velocity before they get out of the house. I use .223, and not my 9mm beacouse, .223 one to me the mechanics are easier, two iam more accuarte, and three iam better able to fight with an ar then a glock,

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »
I'd use pistols in close.

I send the dog, first.

Then the wife.

SHe has been itching to shoot someone with her new Ruger  :t
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 01:43:37 PM »
I send the dog, first.

Then the wife.

SHe has been itching to shoot someone with her new Ruger  :t

lol, God love her. :)

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »

You could always try hiding under your bed too.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »

Maybe.  A very large number of burglaries occur during the daytime, weekdays while folks are at work.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
Don't you hate that.

Had a burglar come in our house a few years back.  Too bad for him I was home at the time.  My 9mm outclassed his fish-bonker bat.  The look on his face was priceless when he came around the corner and looked down the muzzle of my pistol.   :D

He left much quicker than he came in.
  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 04:27:53 PM »
If you know how to work a gun in close quaters , splice your corners right , some body is in for a bad surprise, the rounds i use will not penetrate  my house walls, and if they do they will lose their velocity before they get out of the house. I use .223, and not my 9mm beacouse, .223 one to me the mechanics are easier, two iam more accuarte, and three iam better able to fight with an ar then a glock,

A .223 that will lose it's velocity after punching through drywall?

Either A) you have concrete walls B) you are using blanks C) you are badly misinformed.
See Rule #4

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
If someone ever breaks into my house, here in tennesse its the the stand your ground law, I hope they enjoy 5-10 rounds of .223 hps, btw, I can empty a 30 mag clip in less then 15 seconds  into a 3-5 inch group , and we can shoot em as soon as they get in the house, and I shoot first and call the cops later.

Good Lord.

I wasn't a fan of stringent background checks... until now.

:rolleyes:
See Rule #4

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
nothing strikes fear into a robber than hearing a shotgun cycle its round into the camber.  :devil
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Guns & Ammo did an interesting story on .223 for home defense.  They challenged the idea that a handgun is always the best solution to over-penetration.  They argued with certain types of new .223 ammo, fragmentation (and less penetration) would be as likely if not more likely in the lighter cartridge vs larger caliber handgun rounds.  It was an interesting article, makes you think, but I also got the feeling it was just a big advertisement for the new Winchester ammo.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/10/long-guns-short-yardage-is-223-the-best-home-defense-caliber/
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
If someone ever breaks into my house, here in tennesse its the the stand your ground law, I hope they enjoy 5-10 rounds of .223 hps, btw, I can empty a 30 mag clip in less then 15 seconds  into a 3-5 inch group , and we can shoot em as soon as they get in the house, and I shoot first and call the cops later.

You will find yourself incarcerated and charged with Mayhem for the "extra rounds".    

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:37:06 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
27 years and Ive never taken a report of a burglary from a house with a good dog in it. Course dogs can be a pain in the rear. I love em but you gotta feed em, Doctor them, pick up their crap, house them when you go on vacation, listen to them whine. But burglars dont like them.

They'll come in thru rear doors, basement doors, side windows that are sheltered. Some times they will ring all the bells of working folks APT buildings and if nobody answers they will just kick in front doors. Alarms help but if they see an alarm system they will put themselves on a timer, do a quick ransack, and get out within 5 mins. It might sound sloppy but in neighborhoods with $500,000 + condos it can be lucrative. I caught one knucklehead who got greedy and was putting a 50" Plasma into his trunk at the 5 min and 5 second mark. :lol

Quickest answer is burglar bars and security 2nd doors where you believe they will come in. Im betting if it was one window you'd pick to break in its the one the burglar picked.

Actually they probably wont be back. Its unusual for them to hit a place twice after theyv been spotted. But its possible and it behooves you to prepare for the worst.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:43:07 PM by Rich52 »
Yes, your on "Ignore"