Author Topic: If you live in the in tornado ally May God Bless Ya  (Read 516 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: If you live in the in tornado ally May God Bless Ya
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
Parkersburg, Iowa. 7 killed in an F5 back in 2008. Wiped out the whole town.

That was a nasty storm.  I wasn't far from Parkersburg when it hit and it was a nasty one.  It pretty much wiped Parkersburg off the map. 
Really Small Town + Biggest size tornado = No Town.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: If you live in the in tornado ally May God Bless Ya
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 05:37:35 AM »
Thanks, I always promised i wouldnt be one of those adjusters that treats his clients like every penny is comming out of my personal checking account. That and I work for a great company.
Some photos i took while down there (Philadelphia MS and Huntsville AL) ......really puts it into perspective.
(Image removed from quote.)
This was a bustling development of homes

I saw this and my first thought was of the 3 little pigs nursery rhyme.....Hay, straw or Bricks.....it didnt matter , the wolf held all the cards

Everything becomes a projectile

What an EF 5 can do to a home..........foundation was even sucked up.

Down the street...this area was "grazed" by an EF 5 that passed about 5ooyrds to the north, note the sill plates for the framing, they are (were) bolted to the foundation, they were sucked away

Im looking for some of my Moore photos, ill see if i can locate them. I have one shot of a house that is completely gone, I mean the foundation and everything, but a doghouse that was 10ft off the back of the same house is untouched, i mean not missing even a shingle on the roof....crazy stuff!!

The next round (god hope there isnt one) Ill be sent out......ok in my book though  :aok

The Power of Mother Nature is jaw dropping at times and to see what can potentially happen to our homes, is always in the back of my mind.    We had a Tornado up here in Michigan back in Early March, but you guys in the Alley dodge this stuff year in, year out.   I could never wrap my head around myself EVER seeing an EF5.  

I heard about the outbreak of Tornados this past weekend and said a little prayer for those affected.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC