Author Topic: Blended Soda  (Read 750 times)

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
Re: Blended Soda
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »
Bugjuice:noun: multi-purposed refreshment generally found on the messdeck of US Navy vessels. Most often found in either orange or red shades. Is used to quench the thirst of enlisted members after long lasting battle drills, during meals, and when fighting the effects of liberty calls. Can also be used to clean the "head", remove running rust, de-grease machine parts, and as glue for certain applications.
Orange rules!

Offline LCAMerciful

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
Any drink that doesn't have natural sugar in it is leading to suicide....

Sugar is sugar.  Please cite your sources that show that corn syrup is more unhealthy than cane sugar.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Just off the Purdue campus there is a place called the Discount Den, and they sell what they call the "Den Pop", with something like 20 types of soda (in the Midwest we call it "pop") and non-carbonated drinks from all brands.  They also have suggestions of mixes that people have suggested and liked:

Personally I like 50% Cream Soda and 50% Mountain Dew Code Red.  I call it the Bloodied IU, but it hasn't made it onto the wall at the Den quite yet.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:22:59 PM by BoilerDown »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
Sugar is sugar.  Please cite your sources that show that corn syrup is more unhealthy than cane sugar.

Look up " sugar the bitter truth" you can see it for free on YouTube.

let me know what think?

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:51:11 AM »
A place south of here on route 66 has 500 kinds of soda, but they all in a bottle.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
I miss Dr. pepper made with real cane sugar  :cry but I do remember the suicide drink mixing, I was my son do this a few months ago and just had to smile.

The Dr. Pepper Throwback is pretty dang close, and I've been told that there are still bottlers that are making a Kosher (??) version of most of these pops that use cane sugar. A guy that works the local gas station had some, in a glass bottle even!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »
The passover versions are also blessed.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 10:36:21 AM »

I cut HFCS as much as practical out of my diet. While I'm not eating full paleo I'm getting there. There's enough science on the subject that everyone should be putting down the cheap BS food mass produced and going for a healthier option. Practical obstacles include price and availability occasionally but you'll usually find something on the menu that works. Chucking the bread on a sandwich, for example helps.

Now if you want some nasty stuff, aspartame as the sweetener in diet sodas. I'll have water before diet sodas anymore. My only regular sodas come mixed with vodka and if at home, made with sugar.

All that new stuff is so refined The stuff we are putting in our bodies technologically (for my lack of a better word) exceeds our bodies ability to process it.

Signed,
Reforming Fat F---.