Author Topic: P-47d40 vs. P-47d25  (Read 16524 times)

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
Re: P-47d40 vs. P-47d25
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »
    I keep my convergences at 300 and fly the D40 most the time...   At 20k I can BNZ the fellas on spits and La7's and  1v1 any jug, 190, or 51 that comes along.   You have to fly the Jug to it's strong points as stated earlier.

Why turn fight a zero or Hurri when you can extend and use the bigger engine to get above ?  If I get in trouble at 15-20K I can dive away or extend out far enough to find help. 

By keeping my SA up I can dictate what happens, when and where I wanna fight. Sure I can dive in and fight any old Ki84 that I see. But If I am patient and choose the right time to attack,  I can get the kill AND land it...  I have definitely started to find the niche of the JUG in the game....  discipline and having better then average gunnery goes  a LONG WAY! (still working on the gunnery myself)

HUB

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 09:46:01 PM »
I'd say the Jug does require discipline to get the most out of it.  There's a lot it can't do as a dogfighter as well as most of the planeset but it does a few things very, very well so the rules to flying it well are easy to govern in a dynamic environment.

In the typical little MA skirmishes and 1v1s below 10-15k, I think the ki84 gets the edge.  By 15k the D40 holds the edge.  The thing I really like about the American planes is the WEZ (weapon engagement zone) bestowed by the .50 cals.  In a many vs. many, most planes have to "latch" to get a kill including the Ki84,K4 and Spits.  "Latching" requires time, sucks away a ton of SA and makes your maneuvers predictable as long as you're prosecuting your target.  Not only is the Jug tougher, but Jugs rarely "latch" because it's not something they're successful with.  Rarely would I shoot at anything beyond 400 in the -84, there's not a lot of deflection available because of the inferior ballistics and not enough bullets available (only ~10sec cannon) to waste.  In the Jug (20-30sec firing time) I can consistently take "hoser" shots out to 800 with more deflection and more confidence in a kill.
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
    I keep my convergences at 300 and fly the D40 most the time...   At 20k I can BNZ the fellas on spits and La7's and  1v1 any jug, 190, or 51 that comes along.   You have to fly the Jug to it's strong points as stated earlier.

Why turn fight a zero or Hurri when you can extend and use the bigger engine to get above ?  If I get in trouble at 15-20K I can dive away or extend out far enough to find help. 

HUB

I see why they call you Hub..

I use the same tactics as he did as well. I like to try to fly in the same way Zembke did. we should wing sometime. I've been in Jugs' since day 1

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
I'd say the Jug does require discipline to get the most out of it.  There's a lot it can't do as a dogfighter as well as most of the planeset but it does a few things very, very well so the rules to flying it well are easy to govern in a dynamic environment.

In the typical little MA skirmishes and 1v1s below 10-15k, I think the ki84 gets the edge.  By 15k the D40 holds the edge.  The thing I really like about the American planes is the WEZ (weapon engagement zone) bestowed by the .50 cals.  In a many vs. many, most planes have to "latch" to get a kill including the Ki84,K4 and Spits.  "Latching" requires time, sucks away a ton of SA and makes your maneuvers predictable as long as you're prosecuting your target.  Not only is the Jug tougher, but Jugs rarely "latch" because it's not something they're successful with.  Rarely would I shoot at anything beyond 400 in the -84, there's not a lot of deflection available because of the inferior ballistics and not enough bullets available (only ~10sec cannon) to waste.  In the Jug (20-30sec firing time) I can consistently take "hoser" shots out to 800 with more deflection and more confidence in a kill.

good write up :aok

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2012, 01:00:12 AM »
attacking a plane with 3 or more cons is not fighting, except for the 1 con.....
running to field ack and letting them kill your nme is not fighting....
putting your nose to the deck and running as fast as possible is not fighting...
running when you lose advantage only to attack the same guy you just ran from when he is engaged with others is not fighting....
This. Also
only engage when you hold all the cards and even more is not fighting...
endless BnZing a poor con then running when you lose the E is not fighting...
double/triple/etc teaming is not fighting...

Of course, noone excepts you to turn a jug with a zeek, hurri, brew, niki or spit. Also noone expects you to 1v1 when its a 10v10.
Still, this "only fight when my plane is clearly better" thing, now its driving me nuts.
Aye, maybe this game is not for me.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 01:30:23 AM »
don't come back....I don't want you to feel bad about getting whopped by some Japanese plane :D

Funny,

Creamed jap planes 23 kills for one death in AvA in my D-11 jug...on the deck...outnumbered vs good sticks

Also had a 5.2 K/D ratio flying jugs in the last tour too...The plane is murderous, just like it was historically in Europe and the Pacific.

:neener:

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 01:41:29 AM »
Funny,
Creamed jap planes 23 kills for one death in AvA in my D-11 jug...on the deck...outnumbered vs good sticks
Also had a 5.2 K/D ratio flying jugs in the last tour too...The plane is murderous, just like it was historically in Europe and the Pacific.
In the jug vs zeek matches, you can just run and pick. Exactly what you did. Yea youre awesome.
Also K/D ratio means nothing. Only shows if youre fighting or picking, Mine was 1.5 yet show me any 5+K/D scoretard who can kill me in 1v1.
but why do i care?   :bhead
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:21:13 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »
Funny,

(Image removed from quote.)

ok ...DA.... show me how great the jug is.....prove to me that your JUG can out fly my KI....seeings how you said on the deck... we will do deck merges....best out of 10....I will eat my words here on BBS......

put your money were your mouth is....I most certainly will. :aok

can you beat Latalis in the JUG?( I highly doubt it)

if not don't bother because you will look like a fool...he lasted all of 3 turns...the second time he lasted a bit longer...and he is a master of that plane....flew it flawlessly, pulled out some Crazy moves..he(<S> Latalis a great stick and great fights Stand up guy)..but whatever....if you think you can take my KI...I don't mind proving how ineffective the JUG is in a fight against a plane designed for....actually fighting....

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:27:44 AM by ink »

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 02:45:35 AM »
In the jug vs zeek matches, you can just run and pick. Exactly what you did. Yea youre awesome.
Also K/D ratio means nothing. Only shows if youre fighting or picking, Mine was 1.5 yet show me any 5+K/D scoretard who can kill me in 1v1.
shhh Mr Ego     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DF3RIoSuGY

I actually have some very good fights v Ki 61s~ zeeks are no match. The point is, Ink is sorely mistaken if he thinks P-47s are an easy pushover; with a jug's speed, firepower and reasonably good maneuverability they can dictate the fight and dispatch any Japanese fighter~ especially in a 1v1. Historically correct as well~ and those victories by pacific jug aces were scored HOing, picking, climbing and extending before reengaging. Just like every other US fighters in the arena that were disadvantaged in a pure turn fight.

Mr Ego yourself Debrody~ Don't think you can be beat 1v1? If that's a challenge, I'm your huckleberry.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 02:54:08 AM »
I actually have some very good fights v Ki 61s~ zeeks are no match. The point is, Ink is sorely mistaken if he thinks P-47s are an easy pushover; with a jug's speed, firepower and reasonably good maneuverability they can dictate the fight and dispatch any Japanese fighter~ especially in a 1v1. Historically correct as well~ and those victories by pacific jug aces were scored HOing, picking, climbing and extending before reengaging. Just like every other US fighters in the arena that were disadvantaged in a pure turn fight.

Mr Ego yourself Debrody~ Don't think you can be beat 1v1? If that's a challenge, I'm your huckleberry.

hahaha   want me to post the film of me killing 4 jugs in a 4vs1?

the JUG is great at what it does...against the KI it just dont stand a chance....sorry....like I said DA anytime.

if you last 2 minutes after initial merge, I would be surprised.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:56:48 AM by ink »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 03:06:47 AM »
Wanna prove anymore what a sorryazz picknrunner you are? Zeeks are no challenge huh? Run and ho? Way to go.
Yea dude some can beat me but none of them is bragging about their awesome MA kill/death.
Couse ho and run takes NO skills.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 03:33:36 AM »
ok ...DA.... show me how great the jug is.....prove to me that your JUG can out fly my KI....seeings how you said on the deck... we will do deck merges....best out of 10....I will eat my words here on BBS......

put your money were your mouth is....I most certainly will. :aok

Sounds fun~ I'm in, back on land Thursday, find me in MW. May the best pilot/plane win :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 03:45:02 AM »
Sounds fun~ I'm in, back on land Thursday, find me in MW. May the best pilot/plane win :salute

whats your ingame name?   mine is JETSOM...are we on for Thursday? what time?   anytime after 4 eastern is good for me.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 04:11:03 AM »
Wanna prove anymore what a sorryazz picknrunner you are? Zeeks are no challenge huh? Run and ho? Way to go.
Yea dude some can beat me but none of them is bragging about their awesome MA kill/death.
Couse ho and run takes NO skills.

Your funny, you want to turn fight a zeek with a jug? I'll fly the zeek, and see how long it takes for you to run or get picked to bits. Don't be a moron, you fly a plane to its strengths or you die, I'm sure you can appreciate that. If I was to just HO cannon armed opponents I would be dead 1/2 of the time, even against zeeks and especially Ki's~ so there goes that theory. P-47s are formidable planes if you manage your speed and energy wisely and anyone who underestimates them will be in for a nasty surprise~ even in the hands of a mediocre pilot like myself.

My in game name is Seadog36, see you Thursday pm eastern JETSOM.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 04:15:18 AM »
Your funny, you want to turn fight a zeek with a jug? I'll fly the zeek, and see how long it takes for you to run or get picked to bits. Don't be a moron, you fly a plane to its strengths or you die, I'm sure you can appreciate that. If I was to just HO cannon armed opponents I would be dead 1/2 of the time, even against zeeks and especially Ki's~ so there goes that theory. P-47s are formidable planes if you manage your speed and energy wisely and anyone who underestimates them will be in for a nasty surprise~ even in the hands of a mediocre pilot like myself.

My in game name is Seadog36, see you Thursday pm eastern JETSOM.

I agree that the JUG is a tough plane....but it is NOT a turn fighter at typical MA ALTS....it was not designed for that...

C ya Thursday :aok