Author Topic: KC-97 Refueling Lights - Anyone got a clear pic?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
Re: KC-97 Refueling Lights - Anyone got a clear pic?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 05:36:45 AM »
No, but did suck gas a few times.   That boomer's face sure is a welcome sight.  

Would you have any interesting related war stories about refueling? My brother-in-law flew F-15C's for ~20 years and he told me that one of the "high pucker" moments of his career was getting down to fumes on a night flight, pretty far from any alternate base, in heavy, turbulent weather that even with a lot of experience was making him nauseous, trying to get hooked up without smashing the canopy and not succeeding till pretty much the last moment. He told me that episode a few years after the fact and still breathed heavy in the retelling.

:salute
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:20:58 AM by Old Sport »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 01:34:18 AM »
Would you have any interesting related war stories about refueling? My brother-in-law flew F-15C's for ~20 years and he told me that one of the "high pucker" moments of his career was getting down to fumes on a night flight, pretty far from any alternate base, in heavy, turbulent weather that even with a lot of experience was making him nauseous, trying to get hooked up without smashing the canopy and not succeeding till pretty much the last moment. He told me that episode a few years after the fact and still breathed heavy in the retelling.

:salute

Oh yeah, few.  Too late to get into them tonight.  But, one hot August night a long time ago, doing the great circle up the east coast......... :O.      :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 08:10:59 PM »
My Dad had a cousin that was a KC97 pilot. If he was still around I could give you all kinds of specs on it. LtCol Ross Morris. :salute
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.