Author Topic: What is your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: What is your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2012, 12:52:30 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Sears Ranger, .22 LR Circa 1930

Ammo plentiful, easy to carry, above-average accuracy.

Heh.  Mine's a Remington with glass, but same idea.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zexx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »
what it amazes me is that everybody forgets that only a headshot can bring down a zombie, so the biggest baddest guns may not necessarily apply as almost anything will give you a headshot if you can aim it.  btw a shotgun is not a good idea as zombies have a tendency to not walk head to head if you know what i mean.

semp

Semp, You have a good point, but I was  thinking of kills but rather knock down/slowdown when it came to me using a shot gun. In this case slugs rather than buckshot would suffice. No?
Yes there is a Huge learning curve in flying. It starts on Take off and ends on the glide slope for landing. In short The grade arc is the difference you take between being in the sky or in a mountainside.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
You Sillies, everyone knows the weapon of choice for killing Zombies is a Boomstick.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
You Sillies, everyone knows the weapon of choice for killing Zombies is a Boomstick.

How the hell do you reload a double barrel shotgun when your hand is a chainsaw?
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Semp, You have a good point, but I was  thinking of kills but rather knock down/slowdown when it came to me using a shot gun. In this case slugs rather than buckshot would suffice. No?

if you just want to knock them down then the baseball bat is more appropriate.  but if they get within baseball bat/shotgun range, then you are already dead.  in which case the only option is to point the shotgun at yourself.  unless of course you would rather join the zombies :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
if you just want to knock them down then the baseball bat is more appropriate.  but if they get within baseball bat/shotgun range, then you are already dead.  in which case the only option is to point the shotgun at yourself.  unless of course you would rather join the zombies :).

semp

I don't think melee zombie combat is all that advisable.  Sitting on top of a rooftop or bus with a polearm?  Possibly useful.

Seems to me the ideal shotgun range would be around 15-20 yards.  The pattern's opened up enough you may get more than just the one you're aiming at.  Line em up not quite single file if you can. :)

As to the reloading of the boomstick, careful study of the film record of the incident shows that you break it over the chainsaw arm, and reload it with your other hand.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
I don't think melee zombie combat is all that advisable.  Sitting on top of a rooftop or bus with a polearm?  Possibly useful.

Seems to me the ideal shotgun range would be around 15-20 yards.  The pattern's opened up enough you may get more than just the one you're aiming at.  Line em up not quite single file if you can. :)

As to the reloading of the boomstick, careful study of the film record of the incident shows that you break it over the chainsaw arm, and reload it with your other hand.

Wiley.
What happens if your on your roof or on top of a bus and they hoard around you and you are trapped without any ammo. You keep moving unless you are darn sure they can't pin you easily

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
What happens if your on your roof or on top of a bus and they hoard around you and you are trapped without any ammo. You keep moving unless you are darn sure they can't pin you easily

Wasn't saying you stay there for long in most cases.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
I'll take my trusty .45, failing that a full suit of chainmail with good leather boots, and a full faced helm+chin strap.  Who cares if you're surrounded by 1,000 zombies, they aren't likely to bite through chainmail.  Hell my dog couldn't even chew through my leather combat boots. (Boy did he try.)  I'd like to see the rotting jaw muscles of a re-animated corpse bite through steel rings.

Sure I'll get tired eventually, but all I need to do is find a stairwell/corner and start hacking until I've made myself a nice little wall of dead zombies.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2012, 09:51:02 PM »
Weapon of choice?

Katana
Chainmail (I like Hoffman idea)
M249

Find my nearest military base (about 5 miles away), camp it out in one of the tanks parked there.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
flamethrower, so instead of sombies crawling up on me, I will have zombies ON FIRE crawling up on me  :D

oh wait... that doesn't help at all  :uhoh

Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2012, 10:22:55 PM »
This....

And this...
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
Since posting nonsense is all I can do anymore on this board and this was in my news feed on fb oddly enough... I give you the magic Gatling gun :D Your argument in invalid
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:14:21 PM by F22RaptorDude »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »
This...

Or, this...

Or, this...

Or, this...

Or this for back-up...
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"