Author Topic: trinity map v28 north spawn  (Read 474 times)

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
trinity map v28 north spawn
« on: April 19, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
WHEN are you guys going to fix some real bugs in this game instead of worthless crap like ir tracker?? EVERY FN TIME I UP A PERK TANK and spawn from 28 north I end up on top of the mountain instead of down in the vally. please take time away from world of warcraft to fix this bug
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Re: trinity map v28 north spawn
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
2 observations here:

1)  SFAIK, the top-of-cliff spawns are consequence of where the map designer (usually a volunteer player), put the spawn points, as there is a random positioning factor involved.  Actually, the height is usually a big tactical advantage, and so can be considered a feature.  In any case, it's not a bug, per se.  If you don't want to be up there, it is possible to drive straight down a steep cliff, if you keep the vehicle going straight down, so it doesn't roll.  Practice with a non-perk vehicle first.  Consider the "driving down a steep cliff" to be a low-rent way of representing mountain roads. 

2)  Even if it was a bug, which it isn't, the tone of your post is not one which is likely to increase the priority of your request.

MH

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Yes I was ranting.. one think to loose hard won perks to an opponent.. another to design flaw.. Without these maps there is no game. You would think the people who make their living off this game would realize it.

It is not just a matter of driving down the cliff face.. you can get away with it with certain tanks.. t-34 for example.. other tanks tumble.. in some cases right across the valley floor and up the other side! In other cases you get stuck in the cliff inside-out.. can't do anything but tower out (ditch) and try again.  What's the advantage to being in a position you can't advance from?
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
<snip> ... What's the advantage to being in a position you can't advance from?

You can see everything, and shoot down at it (thin top armor), if you learn how to position your vehicle at the edge of the cliff.  Usually, you have to shoot at an angle up or down the valley, but some people manage to balance right on the edge.  Probably not a good idea with a perk vehicle.  

MH

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
you know there's a bug and you still keep upping perked tanks?   you get up there and not many can shoot at you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.