Author Topic: New type of arena  (Read 216 times)

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
New type of arena
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
      Just a thought here..   An arena that is like the dueling arena, except that say every 5 mins,  flights are started at 10k. You sign up like a mission 5 p51's vs 5 109's.  When they are full or after 5 mins it starts. Something like Call of Duty is what I had in mind. This gives you a quick team, no climbing,  equal numbers and no worries about more planes coming in to pick you from a nearby base. 
Now before this is torn apart, it's just a thought. Somtimes I only have time to fly for 20 mins or so.  This is a Gamey idea, yet this is still a game. And yes this could be organized in the dueling arena already, but that would be tough.  ok... have at it..

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: New type of arena
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
it's a nice idea, but sadly the majority of players don't want fair/balanced combat

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
I like the idea, it would be cool, I believe  FBCrabby has setup things similar to this in his custom arena, although most were AI's it was really fun! I think it would be fun to try out, however, I'd have to echo coombzy, most just want to pick from 20k in pony's or what have you.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 02:31:47 AM »
      Just a thought here..   An arena that is like the dueling arena, except that say every 5 mins,  flights are started at 10k. You sign up like a mission 5 p51's vs 5 109's.  When they are full or after 5 mins it starts. Something like Call of Duty is what I had in mind. This gives you a quick team, no climbing,  equal numbers and no worries about more planes coming in to pick you from a nearby base. 
Now before this is torn apart, it's just a thought. Somtimes I only have time to fly for 20 mins or so.  This is a Gamey idea, yet this is still a game. And yes this could be organized in the dueling arena already, but that would be tough.  ok... have at it..

ANNNNNND BOING!!! Wish Granted.... Try some staged missions
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...