Author Topic: Build terrain problem  (Read 923 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Build terrain problem
« on: April 09, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »
I've been updating my old MA terrain project with the new editors today. The new error checking routine complained a couple of my fields were too close together, but after I had fixed that it gave the terrain a clean bill of health.

I can run the AH Build Terrain program, but it only works if I leave the "upload terrain to host" box unticked. If I tick that box it says "unable to upload" and asks me to do another "check for errors". However doing this still shows "No errors found. The terrain is now uploadable." Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Build terrain problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
Sounds like a bug my friend.  The current version has many problems right now.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:07:46 AM »
Thanks Ranger, that stops me scratching my head about what I'm doing wrong at least.

If HTC want me to email them my terrain files in order to help them trace this bug, I can do so.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
I am still getting the above problem with the new TE.

The only thing I can think of that is a bit non-standard about my setup is that I have my terrain editors on a separate drive to the game, could this make a difference?

Has anyone else managed to use the build terrain program to upload a terrain to the host?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 04:40:50 AM »
Just an update. Easyscor has kindly been bug checking my terrain and after I finished fixing the bugs he found I was able to upload the terrain successfully.