Author Topic: F4U-1D Engine Kill Bug?  (Read 419 times)

Offline Quigley

• Zinc Member
F4U-1D Engine Kill Bug?
« on: May 08, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
I have a video but am trying to finish it up. I can also get a few screen shots. Before I go to all that trouble, for me that is, for it to be nothing I thought I would just explain it.

Last night I dove onto an enme base at a high speed in took out an ammo bunker. There were two wilbers there but from the video I was not hit by either one. Maybe a maned field gun with no tracers. What the video shows is a flash on the right wing tip with no known damage. a pause then a hit in aft fuselage followed by cowling damage and hit oil/black smoke. Unless there was a delay with the wingtip hit that maybe went through to the engine, don't know how a hit in the aft fuselage could cause a hit engine.

I can at least post a screen shot but that doesn't really show any delays if any.
Thanks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: F4U-1D Engine Kill Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
your film won't show the hits on your plane. When the other guy shots you its on his computer. The hit data is then transferred to your computer and your plane takes damage. The graphics shown are not accurate.

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »
I bet you had someone on ur tail. This happened to me not too long ago, but only took minor hits.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »
your film won't show the hits on your plane. When the other guy shots you its on his computer. The hit data is then transferred to your computer and your plane takes damage. The graphics shown are not accurate.
It shows hits on ur plane
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3