Author Topic: Devil Dogs FS award the Medal of Honor to Major Shadow  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Re: Devil Dogs FS award the Medal of Honor to Major Shadow
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
maybe you arent aware, the community isnt a very big fan of picking, even though most do
4Prop, thank you for the information!  I have to be totally honest--- there is nothing better than a 1v1 or a 2v2 dogfight between 15K - 22K, between 109's, 190s, and P-51's.  The more people up top, the more fun it gets!  Get those low furballers off the deck and we can get some real ACM rockin!  :joystick:

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »
Ehm... Dolby did it in an eny40 ride, without 2 full wings of squaddies in 20k ponies to clear his six.
my 2 cents.

<S> Dolby
A lot were in a 40 eny ride...not all

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killstat.php?selectTour=LWTour147&player=Dolby&kt=367

Flat out fact of this thread is a squad is honoring a person in their squad...not the first not the last.

WTG Shadow

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
4Prop, thank you for the information!  I have to be totally honest--- there is nothing better than a 1v1 or a 2v2 dogfight between 15K - 22K, between 109's, 190s, and P-51's.  The more people up top, the more fun it gets!  Get those low furballers off the deck and we can get some real ACM rockin!  :joystick:
I fly the TA152 a lot and have been having some awesome high alt fights here lately.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
A lot were in a 40 eny ride...not all

See my  previous post in this thread, I did address this misconception.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
WTG

not how I fly or what I consider fun....but more power to ya :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
See my  previous post in this thread, I did address this misconception.
Wasn't saying anything bad about what planes you fly or how you fly. It happens daily on the BBS and in game when someone makes a "statement" which is completely wrong...I just felt like correcting it this time.

DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »
<S> Shadow, you man-god!
Pand, don't let the usual peanut gallery, basher crowd in here
get ya down. They want you to be as miserable and self-loathing
as they are. Thankfully, they comprise a VERY small percentage
of the HTC BBS crew.
  I'm happy to see some "news" in here instead of it merely being
almost entire recruiting posts. (I've done a few of those myself.)

Best regards, and good hunting,
 Oddball
The 47 Ronin

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
Thanks to all that have provided positive input, and for helping the Devil Dogs recognize a fellow squad member's accomplishment.  :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 08:03:47 AM »
Thanks to all that have provided positive input, and for helping the Devil Dogs recognize a fellow squad member's accomplishment.  :salute
:aok :aok :aok

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »
I say...I say.....good to see some positive in here.....well done Shadow.....for all the nay sayers and bashers.... a rasberry to you... :old:

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »
Well done Shadow.  I've been trying to finish a month with either Fighter or Attack showing 0 deaths and 100 kills.  Aint happened yet.  And since it is fighter OR attack for me, I get 2 chances per month too.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 09:39:02 PM »
Just to back up my original reply about this bunch being a good one to fight against. I ran into a lone P-51D late this evening. He did a rocket run on the dar I was in an F4U1A and gave chase.
Got within D-800 and took a snipe at him with no luck. The P-51 dropped his nose and jetted the rest of his ord. He then headed away out of icon range I thought he was probably headed home but kept my alt anyway. He returns and put up one heck of a fight roping me into a spin I almost didn't recover from. He stayed flaps out, manuvering and fighting hard the whole time. I got a lucky break when we went into another vertical merge and I was able to hang a second longer on my prop. Otherwise he would have probably ended my flight right there because I still had not got full control of my bird back. Once we were slow and I was right on his six. He broke hard and I had to shoot with a blind lead pulling through his bird firing from a lag position. I eased the stick saw some parts coming my way and pulled through again firing and getting the kill probably with overkill. I was still getting a lot of wing rock and to be honest was spraying and praying afraid I was going to wobble right out of the fight. I made my share of mistakes in that fight and had I been in a Pony as well he probably would have mopped the floor with me. After all that Gldnbb tosses me a salute even after my sloppy flying. The guy has class and the whole squad has class in my book.. Just saying.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:20 AM »
What do you want to prove? I seen what i seen. Or just pepper me by punting this topic and make me look bad? Whatever.
Our terms about what is a fight are entirely different. For example when someone is running away from icon distance then coming back with E and roping you, i wouldnt call that a classy fight, but anyway, i dont care about your silly games. Youre awesome. Have fun. Im just an idiot sukky vulcher hypocrite little retard and i dont know anything else.

I got a better idea tho: come, join the DFC and see whats a fight  :aok
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:03:44 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
What do you want to prove? I seen what i seen. Or just pepper me by punting this topic and make me look bad? Whatever.
Our terms about what is a fight are entirely different. For example when someone is running away from icon distance then coming back with E and roping you, i wouldnt call that a classy fight, but anyway, i dont care about your silly games. Youre awesome. Have fun. Im just an idiot sukky vulcher hypocrite little retard and i dont know anything else.

I got a better idea tho: come, join the DFC and see whats a fight  :aok

I wasn't talking to you or trying to prove anything to you Debrody. It has nothing to do with you. If I want to say something to you I'll direct it to you.
Are you really threatened by a simple post that doesn't mention you or refer to you at all? All I was saying is my opinion of these guys was just reaffirmed by an experiance I had last night. :rolleyes:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline ShadowDD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
I would like to <S> all. A special thanks to the guys with the great comments and especially to Pand for recognizing the efforts of a fellow member.  Everyone has a right to there own opinion but some can confirm I'm not the guy at 30k lookin for someone to pick. You can find me from 1k to 20k, Under or over enemy cons, with squad mates or running solo. Some may say that's not the way they fight and that's fine but you won't catch me on the deck turn fighting a spit with my P51. Just trying to come home alive every sortie gives a different aspect of fun and realism to the game. And I will take on the challenge of 100 kills/0 Deaths. I'll see you in the air!!!!
<S> Shadow
Major Shadow, Senior Flight Lead , 94th Devil Dogs Fighter Squadron